You got on Match.com to meet your soul mate and though you have met a few worthy matches there are some matches with whom you want never want to hear from again. They may be pestering you or just plainly making inappropriate comments.
In such a scenario you can decide to block the person that is ruining your experience on Match. There are steps to block all forms of communication from another user on the site. A user will not be notified if you block them. They will still be able to open and view your profile. They will also be able to send you messages but you will not receive any of their correspondence.
Unfortunately you can block a user on Match by mistake or you may block a user for actions done by an unauthorized person. In such a case you may decide to unblock the user and resume communication with them.
Blocking Someone on Match
The process to block a user on Match.com is as follows:
1. Open Match.com and sign in to your account
2. Open the profile of the user that you want to block
3. Click the 3 dot icon on the top of the profile page
4. You should see a 'Block' option on the user's profile page. click it
You can currently block up to 2000 people on your contact list. Though rare, if you want to block more users than that you will have to clear out some older blocked names.
You can also block a person on Match.com by reporting them if they indeed acted inappropriately towards you. This is done by clicking the 3 dot icon on the user's profile and then clicking 'Report'. The report will be totally anonymous and Match will investigate the report and take appropriate action. The person should be permanently blocked if the charge is warranted.
When you block someone on Match.com you may not want to see that user appear on any of your search results. This can be done by removing the profile on any of your search results through the following process:
1. Open the profile of the user you do not want to see in your search results
2. Click the 3 dot icon at the top of the profile page
3. Select 'Hide from search' and click
If you are using Match's app, you may remove the profile from the search list without opening their profile. Click 'Remove' or 'Delete from list' on the profile when they appear on your search results.
Unblocking someone on Match.com
If you decide to unblock someone on Match for whatever reason, you had better be sure. Unblocking someone you had previously blocked can end up being a bad idea. There are two ways in which you can unblock someone on Match
1. Open Match.com and sign in to your profile
2. Open the profile of the person you want to unblock
3. Click the 3 dot icon at the top of the profile page
4. Search for the 'Unblock' option and click it
The other process through which you can unblock someone on Match is:
1. Open the Match website and log in to your account
2. Click the gear icon at the top of the screen
3. Of the options that appear select 'Unblocking'
4. Check the box next to the user profile
5. Click on the 'Unblock' button located at the bottom of the page.
If the above blocking or unblocking processes do not work, you will have to contact Match.com's customer service number. You can find the links to Match.com customer service number through GetHuman.