How do I recover my Match.com account?
If you forgot your password, if you are locked out of your Match account, or even if your Match account was hacked, here's everything you need to know to recover your Match.com account.
Match.com is one the premier online dating sites in the world. They have thousands of customers across 8 countries.
You may lose access to your Match.com due to a variety of reasons. The most common ones are forgetting the account password and forgetting the email address that was used to sign up for the account.
The worst case scenario involves losing control of your account to hackers. In this case, you should contact Match.com customer care immediately and ask them to change your account details so that you can lock malevolent parties out of your account.
Forgotten your password
We all forget sometimes. It is particularly frustrating when you forget the password to your Match.com. You are locked out of your account and might miss the chance to meet that special someone.
Worse still, someone might have accessed your account and changed the password. You will have to change your password again to recover your account. It is rare that this happens but it is a real possibility.
Good news is that you can recover your account in a relatively short time. Follow the steps below to reset your password and recover your account:
- Launch your web browser and open Match.com
- Click the Sign In link
- On the subsequent screen, click the 'Forgot your password' tab
- Another screen will appear locate the box labeled 'Match account email' and click it. Enter the email address affiliated to your Match.com account
- Click 'Send mail' and an email will be sent from Match.com to your email address
- Log in to your email address and open the password recovery email from Match.com. The email will have the subject: 'Reset your password.' If you don't find the email in your inbox check for it in the junk and spam folders.
- Click the 'Password reset link' you will find in the email
- The link will take you to the Password Reset Page
- You will see an 'Enter New Password' dialog box where you will type your new password. Type the password again in the 'Retype new password' dialog box. Make the password strong, secure and unpredictable
- Your password is successfully reset
Once you have your new Match.com password it is a good idea to try and log in to your account to confirm the change. Ensure you store your password in 2 other locations for safekeeping.
Forgot email address
If you have forgotten the email address associated with your Match.com account, you can retrieve it and log in to your account. To recover your account, follow these steps:
- Launch your web browser and open Match.com
- On the log in page you will see the 'Forgot email' tab. Click it
- You will be directed to the Email Recovery Page. Fill in your account username and password. you will also be asked to submit your birthday and zip code
- Once you are sure of the details, click 'Retrieve Email Address'
- Your account information will be presented and you can see the email address. Save it in at least 2 places.
If the above steps fail, you should call Match.com's customer service and ask for assistance. You can reach them through the following means:
Match.com customer service has a customer service number that you can call from Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. Despite a hold time that can last up to half an hour, it is still the fastest way to contact customer care. You can find the phone number on GetHuman.
One other way to contact Match.com customer care is through their online help desk. You account access issue should be fixed in 7 hours. The link to the help desk can be acquired from GetHuman.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I recover my Match.com account?"?
After thousands of Match.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I recover my Match.com account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Match.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Match.com Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Match.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I recover my Match.com account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.