Merrick Bank offers its customers a variety of credit cards including Visa and MasterCard. However, there are terms and conditions to using the Merrick card service.
Your scheduled payment due date can be a cumbersome day especially if all your bills are due on a single time during the month. It can be even more frustrating when the pay dates of the bills and the due date of the credit card do not align.
You can ease the pressure on your paycheck by moving your credit card's due date to a time of the month that better suits you. You will be better placed to make all your payments in time and you will probably not pay any penalties for late payments.
Changing Your Credit Card Due Date
To change the due date on your Merrick Bank card, you will first have to settle any balance that is past due. If you cannot pay the entire amount of the balance, you can contact Merrick Bank about a special payment arrangement or a hardship plan.
When you manage to pay your due balance, review your calendar and select a day that will be an ideal due date going forward. For example, if you receive a paycheck on the first and fifteenth of every month, then you will be better su9ited to change your due date close to those dates.
Moreover, since the credit card due date will be on the same date of every month, you should choose a date that occurs every month (not 29th, 30th or 31st).
The best way to change your credit card due date is to call the number on the back of your credit card and make a request to change your payment's due date. They will ask you for the due date you would like and make the necessary changes.
Merrick Bank also allows its customers to make the change online. You can change your due date through the following process:
1. Launch your preferred web browser
2. Open the Merrick Bank website
3. On the homepage, locate the 'Customer Log In' tab and select 'Credit Card' from the dropdown menu
4. Enter your username and password and then click 'Log In'
5. Go to the 'Online Bill Pay' Page
6. Select 'Manage Scheduled/Pending/Completed Payments'
7. On the 'Payment History' screen, you will be presented with a log of completed, pending and scheduled payments
8. You cannot make any changes to a payment is pending or completed. However, you can modify a scheduled payment by clicking on the word 'Payment' next to the date of the payment you'd like to change. You will then be presented with options to either edit the payments schedule or completely cancel the recurring payment that has been set up
9. If you would like to change the recurring payment schedule, select 'Edit this Payment's Schedule.' If you want to completely stop all upcoming recurring payments, select 'Cancel this Payment's Entire Schedule.'
After The Change
It will take at least two billing cycles for the new due date to be effected. However, you should continue keeping a close eye on the payment due date on your billing statement until the due date changes.
Your first billing statement after making the change to your date may be higher since it may make your billing cycle longer for that month. On the other hand, it should return to normal as from the next month.
Depending on the circumstances Merrick Bank my not allow you to change your due date. If so, you should contact Merrick Bank's customer care for assistance. You can find their contact information on GetHuman.
After thousands of Merrick Bank customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change My Scheduled Payment Due Date with Merrick Bank? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Merrick Bank if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Merrick Bank in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change My Scheduled Payment Due Date with Merrick Bank? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.