How do I get an extension on my Metro PCS bill?
If money is tight and you don't want your Metro PCS account to get turned off because you can't pay your bill on time, there is something that can be done. Follow this guide to get an extension.
Why Do You Need an Extension?
There are many ways of paying your Metro PCS bill. These methods include payment through myMetro, through in store methods and even AutoPay where Metro by T-Mobile automatically uses the saved payment method to automatically withdraw from your account. Whichever the case, if a payment is not made by the due date, Metro PCS will suspend its services. This is an understandable action. However, sometimes it is easy to get caught up and forget to pay your bills. Or sometimes you just might not be in the financial position to do so. An extension on the due date for the bill would come in very handy.
Can Metro PCS Give You an Extension on Your Bill?
With the new release for the Metro PCS Application for Android, Metro PCS says that qualified subscribers can now use the application to get an extension on their bill in the event that they are suspended. The extension is however only 48 hours long. To get the 48-hour extension, you will have to wait until your phone is suspended. Once this happens, you need to then contact the Metro customer service using another Metro phone. An alternative would be to simply go to any Metro store to get additional help.
You should note that the 48-hour extension only includes text and phone services. You will not be able to use your mobile data.
How to Make a Payment
If you are successful in getting an extension for your phone, you shouldn't forget to make the payments or else you would risk your phone being permanently disconnected. Here are the steps to follow in order to make the payment:
- Your account. To make payments through your account, you simply need to log in to Metro PCS. The platform allows you to make payments via credit or debit card.
- myMetro. This involves the use of the smartphone application. If you don't have the application, you can download it from Google Play Store. The app allows you to make payments with your credit or debit card.
- Express Pay. Go to Metro PCs site. On the top of the page, click on "Payment". The site will prompt you to input your Metro by T-Mobile phone number and your account details. Your payment will then be readily processed dependent on your payment method.
- Payment through the phone. If you are a user of Metro PC, all you need to do is dial *99 from your phone number or 1-888-8metro8 from a non-MetroPCS phone. There will be prompts that will appear to guide you on how to make payments.
- In Store Payments. This can only be done if you physically go to a payment center near you. You will then find Metro PCS staff who will guide you on how to make your payment.
- Payment via mail. You should send your payment to Metro PCS' address which is Metro by T-Mobile Wireless, Inc. PO BOX 5119, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5119.
Once any payment is made, it cannot be cancelled or submitted. You should make sure that you receive a confirmation number as proof of your payment.
How to avoid having to ask for an extension
In order to avoid the rush that comes with having to ask for an extension, there are a few things you can do to make sure you pay your bills on time. This includes:
- Mark your calendar. Metro PCS bills are due on the same date every month. This is a simple routine that you can stick to. To make it easier, you can select a date that you would easily remember.
- Check your messages. Before the due date, Metro PCS sends text messages to remind you of the payments.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I get an extension on my Metro PCS bill?"?
After thousands of Metro PCS customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I get an extension on my Metro PCS bill? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Metro PCS if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Metro PCS Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Metro PCS in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I get an extension on my Metro PCS bill? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.