During Black Friday, Microsoft gives affordable deals for their products. The Black Friday is an excellent time to buy the expensive one time items like TVs. If you purchase an item with a defect or one that does not work from Microsoft, you can return it to them and get a replacement or refund. Microsoft requires the items to be returned within 30 days from the day you buy them.
When returning an item, it should not have damages that you have caused. The product should be returned in its original packaging with all the accessories that were in the box. The official receipt, instruction manuals, and all other documents in the package should be returned with it. When returning packaged software and games, you should include media and product keys and have an intact seal.
There are some items that you cannot return to Microsoft once you have bought them, including gift cards and subscription cards, items that have been custom made for you, RAM products, and clearance items that have been marked as " non-returnable." Special order products and services that you have already consumed cannot be returned to Microsoft.
If the item that you bought during Microsoft Black Friday fails to work, you can contact Microsoft, who can guide you on what to do. Sometimes Microsoft may advise you to troubleshoot the item first and check whether it works failure to which you can then return it to them. If your item qualifies for a refund, Microsoft will send the money to your bank account, but it will be less the original shipping cost you had incurred.
How To Return an Item To Microsoft From Their Black Friday sale
You can return an item that you bought from Microsoft by following the guidelines given below or contact the Microsoft customer support team for help. This is how you go about returning a Black Friday sale item to Microsoft;
1. You will require your Microsoft account username and password.
2. Confirm that you are within the allowed return period.
3. Ensure that your item is eligible for return to Microsoft.
4. Open the official Microsoft website.
5. Login to your Microsoft account using your account username and password
6. Open the drop-down menu.
7. Click on "order history."
8. Select the item that you want to return.
9. Click on "request refund."
10. Microsoft will send you instructions that you should follow to get a prepaid shipping label for the item.
11. You can then send the item to Microsoft.
12. If your item qualifies for a refund, Microsoft will wire the money to your bank account within five business days.
13. You may experience some delay in getting the money depending on your bank's duration to process the transaction.
14. If you fail in returning the item after following these steps, you can call Microsoft customer support.
16. You may also seek assistance from the Microsoft customer support team through their Facebook and Twitter handles.
After thousands of Microsoft Store customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Return an Item to Microsoft from Their Black Friday Sale? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Microsoft Store if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Microsoft Store in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Return an Item to Microsoft from Their Black Friday Sale? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.