If you do not remember the password of your Microsoft account, it may be difficult for you to access and use your account. Fortunately, it is possible to recover it and continue using your account. You can recover your account even if you do not have the security information. The account recovery tool makes it possible to recover your account. The tool is only available if you have not turned on your two-step verification.
Recovering Your Account
Before you start recovering your account, you must have a working email address. You will use it to receive recovery information. You do not need to use your email address. You can use any email address that you can access.
The Recovery Form
Microsoft provides you with a recovery form that you can use to get your account back. Follow these steps to get the recovery form.
1. Go to the website and enter your email address, username, and phone number.
2. Enter the email address you wish to use
3. A few characters will appear on the screen. You must enter them to prove that you are not a robot
4. Click on the option 'Next.'
5. A screen will pop up requesting you to verify your contact email address
6. On your email, you will receive a message with a security code. Enter it and click on the option 'Verify.' If you do not receive the security code, you should contact Microsoft for help.
7. Once you receive the recovery form, you should fill it with as much information as possible. Do not leave out any information.
8. Click on the option 'Submit' and wait for a response
When Filling Up the Recovery Form
When filling up your recovery form, there are a few tips that may improve your chances of success. They include the following;
When Completing the Form
It may be impossible to recover your account if you do not provide enough information in your form. Answer as many questions as possible in as much detail as you can. If you do not know the answer to a question, it is okay to make a guess.
Your email subject lines have to be exact. When entering your email address, remember that domains may be country specific. Another important thing to note is that Gamertags are space-sensitive.
After Submitting the Form
After filling in and submitting your recovery form, you will receive a response to your email address. If Microsoft is able to verify your account, they will provide you with instructions to recover your account. After recovering your account, you must put in measures to avoid similar problems in the future.
If Microsoft is unable to recover your account, try the process again. If you left out some questions in the recovery form, try and answer them this time. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the Microsoft customer support team for help. They will provide you tips to recover your account and prevent future problems. If they are unable to help you, you can always create a new account.