In this guide, we are going to help residents of the great state of Mississippi check the status of their unemployment claim with the Department of Employment Security. We completely understand if you are attempting to figure out what the status of your unemployment benefits is. We are going to assist you in doing exactly that. Let's get started helping you now:
1. Please head on over to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security website to begin.
2. On the home page of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security website, you will notice a few options. You will be able to reset your account password, apply for Mississippi unemployment benefits, or find information on a variety of relevant topics. Included in this list of topics are equal rights, disability employment, unemployment, employment training options, and workplace injury.
3. Next, please click the "Unemployment Claims" blue link button in the navigation bar at the very top of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security home page.
4. After you click that button, you will notice that a pop-up menu will show up. In that menu, click the white "Online Unemployment Services" link.
5. On the following page, you will have several options. These will be located under the light blue "Claimant Services" heading. Your options are to Create an Online Claimant User ID, File Your Unemployment Application, File Your Weekly Certification, and View Your Unemployment Correspondence.
6. To check on the status of your unemployment benefits, you are going to want to create an online claimant user ID if you have not already. You likely did this already when you applied for unemployment benefits.
7. If you already have your online claimant ID, click either the blue "Login" link or click the "View Unemployment Correspondence" link.
8. After logging in with your username and password, you will receive your unemployment benefits information from the Mississippi Works team on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security website.
9. Your claim information will be listed along with the latest disbursement information. In addition, any notices that have come from the Mississippi Department of Employment Security will be displayed. You also will see your personal information displayed.
10. If you still would like to get some extra help from the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, we have set up a special contact page for you that will put you directly in touch with a human that can speak to you. Click here to be taken to our dedicated contact page that was created just for you.
After thousands of Mississippi Department of Employment Security customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Mississippi Department of Employment Security? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Mississippi Department of Employment Security if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Mississippi Department of Employment Security in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Mississippi Department of Employment Security? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.