Sending a payment on MoneyGram is easy and fast. It takes just a few minutes. Your payment should be completed with no trouble.
1. Find a MoneyGram agent near you
2. Visit the location with your ID, the full and correct name of your recipient, and the amount you wish to send. If you are sending payment to a bank account, you need the account number and bank name of the recipient. For mobile wallet payment, you need the mobile number of the recipient
3. Complete a send form and submit it to the agent with the funds. remember to include transaction fees
4. Save your receipt and notify your recipient. Share your eight-digit reference number with them.
5. If you send the money to a mobile wallet or bank account, the funds will be sent there directly.
If you have trouble sending payments on MoneyGram, it may be due to the following reasons;
1. You Have Exceeded the Limits
There are limits to the amount you may send on MoneyGram. The limit varies depending on the applicable legal requirements. Speak with your local MoneyGram agents to understand your limits. The MoneyGram estimator tool may help you estimate the cost of your transaction.
2. If the Transfer Is Expired
When you ask to transfer payments to a receiver, they should collect the cash at a MoneyGram location. If they don't do it in 90 days, the transfer will no longer be valid. It will be treated as an Expired Transfer which is no longer capable of execution. You may request a refund if you realize that the receiver did not collect it.
3. You did not have the Transfer Amount
MoneyGram collects a transfer fee from you for every transaction. If you don't have the full transfer amount, it may be difficult to complete your transaction.
If MoneyGram cannot complete your payment even though you paid the transfer fee in amount, you can hold it liable for an approximate cost of the actual damages.
If the receiver has trouble picking the transaction, it may be due to any of the following reasons;
1. You gave them the wrong reference number. Always double-check the reference/confirmation number before sending it to your receiver
2. The requirements may be different in the receiver's country. Have them ask their local MoneyGram agent for details
3. Your name on the transfer record may not match your name on your official ID
4. The receiver must ensure that they have a valid photo ID. The name on their ID should match what you gave the agent when sending money.
If you don't understand why you are having trouble sending payments on MoneyGram, you should contact the support team and seek help.
If you need help from MoneyGram, the best way to reach them is on the phone. The customer support agents are polite, helpful, and available at al times. Speak to them respectfully and ask for the help you need. You may need to make a few calls before getting the help you need.
Another way to seek support from MoneyGram is on their help desk. It covers targeted tips and some of the most common questions. The help desk allows you to find help with a variety of topics before calling the support representatives. If you end up going back and forth with an agent, they may ask you to continue the conversation on a different communication channel such as email. In such cases, it may take longer to get the help you need.
MoneyGram does not offer customer support on their social media sites.
After thousands of Moneygram customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If I'm Having Trouble Sending a Payment on Moneygram? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Moneygram if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Moneygram in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If I'm Having Trouble Sending a Payment on Moneygram? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.