How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Montana Unemployment Insurance?
Everyone knows that most every aspect of filing for unemployment can be a hassle and inconvenience, from what information you need to file and if you even qualify, to checking your benefit status and seeing how much longer it'll be before you hear back. Luckily, MontanaWorks does make things simpler with their resources and the ability to create an online account even if you filed over the phone.
So, you recently lost your job and had filed your unemployment claim with the Unemployment Insurance Division of Montana? Now, it's a waiting game until you receive a decision about your possible benefits, unless you'd prefer to check the status of your application online. You can even do so if you filed your unemployment claim over the phone.
Checking Your Benefit Status
First, Montana has at least two government related websites, http://uid.dli.mt.gov/ and MontanaWorks.gov, and it's the latter that you need to log into to view your benefits status.
- Log into your account at montanaworks.gov, you may need to enter your four-digit PIN which you would've created along with your MontanaWorks account.
- If you filed your claim over the phone, then you would need to create an online account and a PIN. It's your PIN and your social security number that identifies you when you access your claim.
- If you need to register first, then you will be directed to enter your email address. Next, MontanaWorks will send you an email after checking to see if you have an existing account. You will recognize the email from them because the subject line will be MontanaWorks Registration.
- Click the link within the body of the email to move forward and follow the prompts to create your account. Please note, the link will be valid for an hour and you will need to restart the process once the window expires. Once your account is created, click on the return to log in button to complete your registration. It's this second step where you provide your social security number, birthdate, gender and contact information, and where the system matches your information with any claims filed over the phone. Your account registration is complete once you receive the confirmation email.
- After you sign in, look for the check status option for your claim, it could be a tab or a separate link. If you have any trouble, MW does have how to videos and a guide available. If these resources don't answer your questions, feel free to contact MontanaWorks Unemployment Insurance Department here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Montana Unemployment Insurance?"?
After thousands of Montana Unemployment Insurance customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Montana Unemployment Insurance? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Montana Unemployment Insurance if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Montana Unemployment Insurance Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Montana Unemployment Insurance in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Montana Unemployment Insurance? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.