National Grid is a multinational utilities company that is headquartered in London. The company has been in existence for thirty years mainly serving the United Kingdom and the North Eastern United States.
National Grid provides safe and reliable energy to millions of people efficiently in the two countries. It provides energy to both individuals & families and on the other hand, businesses.
Some of the customers may decide to move from one location to another location. In such a scenario, the primary owner of the National Grid account will have to change the address on record with the utilities company. The case is the same for a business account owner.
Changing your Address
There are several ways in which you can change the address on record with National Grid if you decide to change your location. One is by calling them directly and another one is by doing it online.
The process of changing the address on your national grid account online is as follows:
1. Launch your preferred web browser
2. Open the National Grid website
3. Depending on your location, you will either be redirected to a UK based homepage or a US based homepage
4. Under the 'Check, Start, Stop, or Transfer Service' tab, click the blue 'Transfer Service' tab
5. You will be prompted to submit your new address to find out if National Grid serves your location and which services are provided at your location. Though there are many fields present, the required ones are your new house number, zip code and street name
6. If they do offer different services, you can choose the national Grid services that you want to have going forward. If they offer the same services you have now, you will be presented with a change of address form to fill. You will have to download the form to fill it
7. The National Grid change of address form is very straightforward and easy to fill. You will first have to input the investor code if you are a shareholder at
National Grid. The investor code can be found on the share certificate or tax voucher. If anyone else in your home is also a shareholder of the company, you will have to submit their names too
8. You will then proceed to fill the address details which include the previous address and its postcode followed by the new address and its postcode
9. You will also be prompted to fill in your phone number through which you can be contacted in case of anything
10. The first named shareholder must sign the form too.
Once done you should scan the document and send it to National Grid. You can do so online or at a customer service center.
Visit National Grid
National Grid has a number of customer service centers spread across the North Eastern United States. You can visit one of them to change the address on your National Grid account.
This option is largely avoided because of the inconvenience of travelling to the location and queueing at the center. On the other hand, it is a very effective way to change your address.
You have the choice of calling National Grid customer service and asking them to change the address on your account. It is also a very effective way to do so.
Calling is fast and it guarantees the address is changed since the customer service agent will do it for you. You can confirm it with the agent still on the line.
You can find the National Grid customer service phone number on GetHuman.
After thousands of National Grid customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change the Address on My National Grid Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting National Grid if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like National Grid in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change the Address on My National Grid Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers