If you are looking to apply for unemployment benefits with the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, you are in the right place! We are going to assist you in doing exactly that in this article. Applying for unemployment can actually be quick and easy.
Are you ready to get started? Excellent! Let's begin below:
1. The first thing to keep in mind is that it is very essential that you quickly apply for unemployment very quickly after you no longer have your job. This will enable your benefits to begin in an expedited fashion. You can apply in-person, online, or by phone.
2. You will receive a notice of your approval or rejection from the New Jersey unemployment department's branch office by mail after you have applied.
3. You will receive an amount up to $677 per week if you end up qualifying for unemployment in the state of New Jersey. You may also have to go through an in-person interview periodically in order to maintain your unemployment benefits in the state of New Jersey.
4. To be certain to receive your unemployment benefits consistently, you must be certain that you file your weekly claims. You can do this via the New Jersey unemployment office's phone number or website. The name for this process is technically "certifying" your unemployment benefits.
5. You can receive unemployment benefits for 26 weeks as long as you continue filing properly with the New Jersey unemployment benefits office.
6. Before filing a claim for unemployment, it is important to prepare all of the necessary information. You should compile the following information: Your phone number, mailing address, home address, social security number, DD Form 214 (if you were active military within two years), Alien registration number (if you are not a US citizen), wage information from the previous 8 months (W2 forms or and paystubs), New Jersey driver's license or identification number, banking information for direct deposit (if applicable), the reason your previous job ended, and your previous employer's information.
7. The easiest way to file a claim for unemployment benefits is on their website. You are first going to create an account on the New Jersey unemployment office's website.
8. After you have created an account online, you are able to file a brand new unemployment insurance claim, certify for your weekly benefits, or update your contact information.
9. In the event you have federal, out-of-state or military wages, you will have to call a reemployment call center in New Jersey. This also applies to employees who may have earned wages doing jobs for a maritime employer.
10. If you still require assistance, please be sure to visit our dedicated contact page for the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. We connect people directly with a human so they can get the help they need.
After thousands of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Our free concierge service can find the best deals across telecom providers in your new zip code and making sure your services arrive on the same day. Talk to a live person seconds from now who can do price comparisons for you and get a date that works for you!Call anytime: 888-959-6783Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals (and schedule) across many companies