How Do I Get a Refund on Offerup?
If you bought something through the platform and you don't get what you expected, you can initiate the refund process to ensure that somebody somewhere doesn't enjoy your hard-earned money for free with these helpful tips.
OfferUp has a buyer protection policy in place that protects you from potential fraudulent deals from sellers on the platform. If you bought something through the platform and you don't get what you expected, you can initiate the refund process to ensure that somebody somewhere doesn't enjoy your hard-earned money for free.
The buyer protection policy stipulates that when an item is paid and shipped through the platform, the buyer is protected to a certain limit if problems occur later on. The policy covers up the original purchase price of the product.
However, before you file a refund claim with OfferUp, it is highly recommended that you try to solve the issue amicably with the seller. However, if things don't work out, you can request a refund through OfferUp and wait for a response.
How Do I Get a Refund on OfferUp?
Follow these steps to get a refund on OfferUp:
- Within two days of receiving your product, inform the seller that you didn't get what you expected, and request a response. The seller should go through your concerns and submit his/her response through OfferUp.
- If the seller declines to respond to your concerns, use the contact us button on OfferUp to reach the customer service department and launch a complaint against the seller. You can also call OfferUp directly if you don't want to send an email.
- Once you click on contact us button on the website, a buyer protection claim form comes up. Fill in all the details and provide a concrete reason for opting to use buyer protection. Make sure that you have the transaction ID to help OfferUp find details about your purchase. You can find your transaction ID on your receipt. To access your receipt:
- Log into your OfferUp account
- Click/tap on the "Account" icon
- Click/tap on "payment and receipts" then select transactions
- Select the receipt for the item that you have concerns about and scroll down to "payment info" for your transaction ID
- OfferUp will receive your buyer protection claim and take time to review it carefully to establish whether it is genuine. Keep in mind that OfferUp may request additional information or documentation and reserves the right to come up with what it deems as appropriate judgment.
- If your claim is approved, OfferUp will provide you with clear return instructions, and the buyer will be compelled to handle the situation accordingly.
- OfferUp will then issue a refund to the original price of the product. The refund will only be sent to the original form of payment.
What Is Covered Under the Buyer Protection Policy?
The following product related issues are covered for all items purchased and shipped through the platform:
- The product is incorrect or missing
- There was unrevealed damage to the product
- The item received doesn't fit the description that was provided by the seller
Typically, if an item isn't shipped within six days of payment, OfferUp will refund the buyer's payment automatically and cancel the order. It may take between three and five business days for the funds to be available in your account.
The payment is usually held until the transaction is complete. The transaction is considered complete if the buyer doesn't launch any complaints about the product within two days after product delivery.
At that point, the payment is released to the seller. Once the payment has been released to the seller, OfferUp considers the transaction complete and successful, and no refunds can be issued after that. OfferUp will also not issue a refund if the purchased product is prohibited on the platform or if the purchase was made with cash or any other in-person cashless payment method.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Get a Refund on Offerup?"?
After thousands of OfferUp customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Get a Refund on Offerup? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting OfferUp if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for OfferUp Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like OfferUp in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Get a Refund on Offerup? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 3 months ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I was just charged **.** to renew a subscription that I did NOT agree to. How do I get...
I want to have refund of the subscription! I already email you guys about it. I want to...
I never received a refund for my cancelled order. I was wondering when id get it back
The seller is unable to ship the item because the shipping amount is to much.And I trie...
I was sold fake Disneyland tickets and the guy doesn’t know yet. But he seems to still...