Whether your OfferUp account is hacked or deactivated, it is possible to recover it in a few simple steps.
Reactivating Your Account
The process of reactivating your OfferUp account is similar to logging in. you may use your email address and password or you may log in through Google or Facebook.
OfferUp allows you to reset your password using the 'Forgot Password' tool. If you deactivated your account earlier than February 2017, you may need to contact the customer support team directly. They will help you reactivate your account manually.
If your account was deactivated by mistake, the customer support team may help you. You may, however, not get a refund if your account was deactivated for policy reasons. If your account is deactivated, you will no longer be able to see your conversations, posts, and videos. You can prevent the problem if you abide by the rules.
If Your Account Was Hacked
Your OfferUp account may be hacked if a malicious person has access to your password. They may post listings in your name and offend other users. Having your account can be very frustrating. The first course of action should be to change your password if you signed up using your password and email address. You can do it by following these steps;
1. Open your app and log in
2. Click on the option 'Account'
3. Click 'settings'
4. Click on the option 'Change Password.'
5. Click on the option 'Current Password' and enter your password. If you do not remember it or someone changed your password, click on the option 'Forgot your Password?' A password reset link will be sent to your email address. You can use it set your new password
6. Click on the option 'New Password' and enter your new password. Choose a password that is unique and hard to crack. Do not share it with anyone.
7. Click 'New Password' again and confirm your new password.
8. Tap Done
If you logged in to your account through Google or Facebook, you can change your password there.
After changing your password, you should contact the customer care team. Explain to them why you think your account may have been hacked and ask them for help. If you can, provide them with information that may prove your account was hacked. After submitting your request to the support team, you have to be patient. The customer care team at OfferUp deals with inquiries based on the order in which they receive them. They will deal with your issue as soon as they can.
While you wait for a response from the customer care team, find a way to let others know about it. Consider changing your name to a message that says your account has been hacked.
How to Know Your Account Was Hacked
There are plenty of signs that may help you know your account was hacked. Some of them include the following;
1. If you gave your account information following a request from OfferUp. OfferUp does not ask for your account details for any reason. If someone asked for the information, they are likely to be hackers.
2. If you suspect that someone else knows your password
3. If you logged into another person's account and forgot to log out
4. If there is unusual activity in your account. This may include items that you did not post and seeing messages that you did not send
If you suspect that there is a problem with your account or you are unable to recover it, contact OfferUp customer support team for help. If you contact them by phone, you will speak to an agent who will guide you through the process.