OnStar is a General Motors service. Its features include; navigation service, hands-free calling, live help, and emergency assistance. If you have OnStar membership, your GPS technology is automated. It is, therefore possible to identify the location of your vehicle.
If you have children or pets, you probably know the agony of being locked out of your car. A child playing with the locks or a dog that is excited to push locks may lock you out. Fortunately, you no longer have to wait helplessly outside your car. You can contact OnStar and report that you have been locked out.
The OnStar vehicle assistance system helps you save time and money. Follow these steps to report that you have been locked out of your vehicle.
1. Contact OnStar on the phone and report that you have been locked out of your vehicle
2. Speak to the OnStar advisor and identify yourself and your vehicle
3. The advisor will ask you a few questions. Answer them as accurately as possible. The questions will be used for security purposes
4. Stay on the phone until your vehicle doors unlock
You may contact OnStar to unlock your phone whenever you need to. Consider having the OnStar window sticker on your car. That way, you can easily contact them when you need help. Note that the remote unlock is not always successful. If you are looking for help from OnStar, your battery and electrical system have to be working. You must have both GPS signal and wireless communication service
Do not let your OnStar subscription run out. You never know when you might need their services.
You may also use OnStar to locate your car. Follow these steps to locate your lost vehicle;
1. Sign Up for OnStar Service. Even if your vehicle came with the OnStar button installed, you still need to subscribe to the service
2. Contact your local law enforcement your local police will work with OnStar to recover your car
3. Contact OnStar and report that your vehicle is missing. The operators will work with you to locate your missing car. OnStar uses advanced GPS technology to point out the current location of your vehicle
4. Request ignition block. The service makes it impossible to restart your vehicle when it is turned on
5. Ask your local authorities to request a stolen vehicle slowdown. This service is used if your vehicle is moving and the road conditions are safe. The stolen car will slow down until it stops.
When your vehicle stops, the police can begin to track it. An OnStar advisor will find the specific location of your car and give it to the local authorities.
Do not attempt to pursue your stolen vehicle without reporting it to the local police.
If you need help from OnStar, you should contact their customer support team. The best way to contact OnStar is on the phone. It is the only option to speak directly with a customer support agent. Explain to them your concerns and they will help you find the most appropriate solution. When seeking support on the phone, the support agents may require you to call a few times before getting help.
You may also seek support through the OnStar help desk. The help desk has plenty of targeted tips and suggestions that may address your concerns. If you have any questions, consider seeking support on the help desk before contacting the support team on the phone.
After thousands of OnStar customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report That I'm Locked Out of My Vehicle to Onstar? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting OnStar if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like OnStar in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report That I'm Locked Out of My Vehicle to Onstar? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies