How Do I Restore My Paypal Account?
There may be a number of reasons you might need to restore your account, from resetting your email or password to resolving account limitations, there are a few steps to take to get your account back. PayPal makes such a task easier with its help section, chat, online community and resolution center but be wary of emails claiming to be from PayPal when there aren't any issues located in the Resolution Center.
PayPal is an online payment processer that was established in 1998. They not only serve to process payments for vendors and merchants, but they also support online money transfers. But with most online services, you have to have an account complete with a good contact email address and a secure password. Plus, there'll be times that your account access is limited, so there are multiple reasons you'll need to restore your account. What do you do if you forget your password or email address you used? Don't panic, there are a few steps to take and you'll be back in your PayPal account. Just view and follow the ones that apply to your situation to get back to your business.
You Forgot the Email Address You Used
- Go to PayPal.com and click on the log in button on the top right-hand corner.
- Enter either your mobile number or the email address you use the most.
- Below the password field, there's a link that states Having Trouble Logging on? Click on it.
- You should see a page asking you if you need help with your password, along with the email address you entered already in the email field. Below this is a link that states Forgot Your Email?
- Clicking on this will prompt you to enter up to three of the email addresses you use the most. PayPal will do a search to try to find a match. There's also a link in case you remembered your email.
- Follow the prompts when you find a match. If you don't find one, you may need to call PayPal customer service here, or you can also chat with them or use the community forums for assistance.
You Need to Reset Your Password
- Go to PayPal.com and click on the log in button, or go here https://www.paypal.com/authflow/password-recovery/
- Enter your email address and then follow the prompts to receive a code so PayPal can confirm your identity and then you can reset your password. Please note that you have more than one method to receive the code, email, call, text message or even Facebook Messenger.
- PayPal suggests that when creating your new password, to use between 8 and 20 characters and at least one symbol.
PayPal states that there may be many reasons an account must be limited which are not limited to inactivity, a need for identity verification, or unauthorized use of your account. These limitations naturally impact your ability to send and withdraw funds. Luckily, PayPal makes it easier to handle and resolve account limitations.
- Go to the Resolution Center at https://www.paypal.com/disputes/, please note you may be promoted to log in to your account.
- Look for the section labeled Go to Account Limitations and then follow the steps to remove the limitations to your account.
- Please note that there are phishing schemes pretending to be PayPal, so if you receive an email your account is limited but there is nothing when you log in, forward the email to email@example.com and they will investigate it for you.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Restore My Paypal Account?"?
After thousands of PayPal customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Restore My Paypal Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting PayPal if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for PayPal Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like PayPal in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Restore My Paypal Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 10 months ago
Updated 10 months ago
Viewed 546,283 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
The tablet I bought * days ago went down in price. Can I got a price match
I have two subscriptions through pay pal, that I want canceled. I can’t find the menu i...
Transaction id **S*****MB******** They closed it this morning based on it was delivered...
Need to change the debit card payment number. My card has been hacked and I have a new...
I dont received a pay y esteras on my bank account
Setup Your New Home Easily
Call now and talk to a real person in seconds who can tell you the best deals from each telecom company if your new home area. We find the best deal for you and then we manage the scheduling so that all your technicians show up on the same day. Easy and free!Talk to Us Now: 888-959-6783Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals (and schedule) across many companies