If you are a resident of Pennsylvania, there may come a time when you would like to file for unemployment benefits. We are going to show you how to do that in the guide below. Working with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims department can be a simple process. We are going to give you some valuable information that you can utilize immediately.
Are you looking forward to getting started below? Excellent! Let's do it:
1. It is vital that you file for unemployment as soon as you are without a job in the state of Pennsylvania. This is to accelerate the process of receiving unemployment benefits. You can apply over the phone, in-person, or on the state's unemployment website.
2. You must register with JobGateway within 30 days in the state of Pennsylvania to maintain your unemployment benefits. This website will assist you in job hunting while you are unemployed.
3. If you qualify for unemployment in Pennsylvania, you may be eligible for up to $573 in benefits per week.
4. In Pennsylvania, you are able to claim a total of 26 weeks of unemployment benefits as long as you are submitting proof of your job search efforts every other week. You also must be interviewing for a certain number of jobs during that time period.
5. It may be possible to file an extension for Pennsylvania unemployment benefits in the event that you have not found work and your benefits have run out. These are granted on a case-by-case basis and they are not guaranteed.
6. You must continue to file a claim biweekly. You will then certify two weekly claims separately within that biweekly claim. Weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.
7. In Pennsylvania, you must have become unemployed through circumstances that are not due to something that was your fault. This could include misconduct, failing a drug test, etc.
8. To file your Pennsylvania unemployment application, you should prepare the following items: Alien registration number (if you are not a US citizen), wage information from the previous 8 months (W2 forms or and paystubs), driver's license or identification number, banking information for direct deposit (if applicable), the reason your previous job ended, your phone number, mailing address, home address, amount of severance pay (if applicable), social security number, DD Form 214 (if you were active military within two years), other states you have worked during the previous 18 months (if applicable), your email address, and your previous employer's information.
9. After collecting this information, you will be able to apply on the Pennsylvania state unemployment website, over the phone, or in-person.
10. You will receive a PIN number that can be used for Pennsylvania unemployment claim filing during subsequent weeks. This PIN number is created the first time you apply for benefits. You also should keep track of the gross earnings you made for any work that was done during the specific week you are claiming. If you did not do any work, this amount would be simply $0.
11. If you still require assistance with this, use this dedicated page we have created to contact the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims department. We will put you in touch with a human quickly.
After thousands of Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Call our Free Concierge and we will compare service and plans in your new home area and schedule all setup for the same day- free of charge! Get a better deal on all your services in 1 call, and let us make scheduling easy for you.Call Free: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians