How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims?
Handling your claims with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor doesn't have to be nerve-wracking, they make it easy to check its status. Simply sign in with your social security number and our-digit PIN and you'll see one of four status updates. Plus, any alerts that affect the majority of claimants will be shown on the homepage.
There's nothing worse than a waiting game, whether you're waiting in line or in a doctor's office waiting room. Unless you just filed for unemployment benefits with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, then the wait is made easier with the option of checking the status of your claim directly. Here's how to do it.
Checking On Your Claim
- Go to uc.pa.gov
- Scroll down until you're close to the bottom of the webpage. You should see Connect With Us in bold, black print and the Check Claim Status option below it.
- Click on it and you will be prompted to enter your social security number and the four-digit PIN you received by mail when you filed your claim.
- Once within the system, you will see one of four status updates. These advise you of any required follow up. Important alerts regarding claims and anything else are also posted on the main page of the website.
- We are currently reviewing your financial eligibility, which means your claim is still being reviewed.
- There's an issue with your claim, which means there's an outstanding issue causing a slight delay but you will be notified of any actions you need to take to help resolve any issues.
- Your claim is under appeal. If you see this, then you will be contacted by the referee office for the next step.
- Your initial claim has been processed. You can expect a benefits letter in the mail and if you want to check the status of your payments, you can do so by checking the view benefit payments section of your online account.
Tips to Help Prevent Issues With Your Claim
If you have yet to file, then there's a possibility you have yet to gather all the documents you need. Incomplete applications or waiting too long to complete the next step are the most common factors that cause issues with your application. The claims office does have a claim requirement checklist, or cheat sheet since it's one page long, to help streamline the filing process. If you've already filed, then feel free to pass this along to someone who might need it. It can be found on the contact us page but the following is a basic summary. They can also be reached here.
- Personal information, like your social security number, phone number, valid email address, home address and mailing address if different from your home address.
- Alien Registration Number if you're neither a U.S. citizen or nationalized citizen.
- Those on active duty in our military during the last 18 months need to submit DD 214 member 4 and send a copy to Federal Programs Unit, 651 Boas St., Harrisburg, PA 17121.
- Those who worked for the federal government during the last 18 months need both Standard Forms 8 and 50.
- 18 months employment history, including names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, email addresses, start and end dates, reason you were let go or have reduced hours, gross pay of your last week with your most recent employer only, etc. The more information, the better.
- Your direct deposit information, if desired.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims?"?
After thousands of Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.