How Do I Cancel My Playstation Plus Subscription?
PlayStation Plus is an incredible feature that allows PlayStation players to play with and against other players online plus get access to free games every month. It is a subscription service for PS4 and PS3 players. PlayStation Plus also affords gamers more cloud storage for their files and discounts on a select number of games.
Signing up for a PlayStation Plus subscription typically involves use of a credit or debit card. Unfortunately, the subscription is set to auto-renew once your subscription expires. Therefore, if you do not ardently utilize the subscription service it will cost you money without your say. It would then make sense to cancel your subscription. Cancelling a PlayStation Plus subscription can either be done through the PlayStation console or through the PlayStation website.
It is worthy to note that a PlayStation Plus subscription can continue to be used up until the subscription's expiry date. Therefore, though you may cancel your subscription, you can still get maximum utility from it until it expires.
You can also choose to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription when it is on sale and then decide to cancel the subscription afterwards. If the sale makes the purchase worth it, you can use it till the sale is over and cancel it when it is done.
It is possible to cancel the PlayStation Plus subscription any time after you purchase it. Moreover, you should be aware of the fact that every time you purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription via credit or debit card, the auto-renew feature will be automatically turned on. You can buy it then turn off the auto-renew feature to escape unwanted charges.
Cancelling Subscription Through a PlayStation 4 Console
It can be difficult to cancel your PlayStation subscription if you do not know exactly what you are looking for. Use the following protocol to cancel your PlayStation Plus subscription:
- Go to the PlayStation settings
- You will find an option named 'PSN.' Select it
- The next page will be 'Account Information.' On the page there will be a options menu and one of the options is 'Services List'. Click on the option and you will see PlayStation Plus on the list
- Click 'PlayStation Plus' and select your current package. Information about the package will be presented including the length of the subscription length, its beginning date and the renewal date. At the bottom there will be a tab 'Cancel Automatic Renewal'
- Select 'Cancel Automatic Renewal'
Once you disable the auto-renewal feature, the console will notify you when your PlayStation Plus subscription is about to expire. If you desire to purchase the subscription again or switch to a different package, you can follow the steps above and choose 'Turn On Auto-Renew.'
Cancelling Subscription Through the PlayStation Website
You can cancel your PlayStation Plus subscription on Sony's website from any of your web browsers. You will be required to follow the steps below for successful cancellation of your subscription:
- Log in to your PSN account on the Sony PlayStation website
- Go to the 'Media' tab and select 'Games'
- There will appear a drop down list. The list is a list of your most recent purchases organized from the most recent. You may have to do some searching and scrolling especially if you buy many games. Look for 'PlayStation Plus' and click it
- Once you select 'PlayStation Plus' a page revealing details of your membership will appear. There will be a tab labeled 'Cancel Automatic Renewal'
- Select 'Cancel Automatic Renewal.' After cancelling the auto renewal feature, the tab should change to 'Restart Automatic Renewal.'
Following the steps outlined above, you should be able to cancel your PlayStation Plus subscription.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Cancel My Playstation Plus Subscription?"?
After thousands of Playstation customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Playstation Plus Subscription? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Playstation if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Playstation Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Playstation in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Playstation Plus Subscription? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.