How do I delete my Plenty of Fish (POF) profile?
If you found someone, or if you are tired of the platform and want to try a different one, you can easily cancel your Plenty of Fish account with these simple steps.
Plenty of Fish (POF) is one of the leading and most popular dating sites so far. POF boasts more than 100 million registered users, and many people from various parts of the world have found their perfect match on the platform.
If you are one of the users and you have already found someone who is perfect for you, you may want to delete your Plenty of Fish account and concentrate on building your relationship with your perfect match.
However, before you proceed with deleting your profile, you need to keep in mind that there is a difference between deactivating, hiding, and deleting your POF profile. Therefore, take time to understand the differences and make an informed decision since you don't want to take an action that you'll regret later on.
If you aren't unsure of what to do, we recommend hiding or temporarily deactivating your profile instead of deleting it. If you are sure that you want to delete your profile permanently, we are here to help you.
How to Delete Your POF Profile
Follow these simple steps to delete your Plenty of Fish profile permanently:
- Go to the Plenty of Fish Homepage and click/tap on the login option.
- Enter the correct username/email and the password associated with the account and then tap/ click on log in to sign into your account.
- Once you have logged into your account, click /tap on the "help" tab that is located on the right corner of your screen just before the "Logout" option
- You will be redirected to another page that provides you with simple guides on how to perform, various tasks such as blocking a user. From this options, locate and click/tap on "Delete Account" that is under "How do I delete my account" heading.
- Once you click on this option, you will be redirected to the account deletion page
- The moment you land on the account deletion page, you will be requested to enter various details such as your username, password, and reasons why you want to delete your Plenty of Fish account. You will also be requested to provide the number of dates that you went on and whether or not you can recommend Plenty of Fish to other people.
- Besides this information, there will also be a message warning you that if you choose to delete your profile, you won't be able to access it or use any data associated with your permanently deleted profile.
- Once you have provided all the details, and you are sure that you want to delete your profile, click/tap on "Give Up/Delete Account."
Sometimes, even after following the steps outlined above and ensuring that you have provided correct details; your Plenty of Fish profile won't be deleted. If you find yourself in such a situation, there is nothing you can do other than sending an email or calling POF to request them to delete your account.
Once you delete your Plenty of Fish account successfully, all your data will be lost, and there is no way you can recover it later on. Therefore, take your time and think twice before you choose to delete your profile permanently.
Hiding Your Plenty of Fish Profile
If you don't want to delete your profile permanently, you can hide it temporarily. Follow these steps to do so:
- Navigate to pof.com and log into your account using the correct credentials.
- Once you have logged into your account, click on "Edit Profile" option that is located on the top right corner of your screen just after the "My Profile" option.
- Select the option labeled "To hide your profile click here," and you are good to go.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I delete my Plenty of Fish (POF) profile?"?
After thousands of Plentyoffish customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I delete my Plenty of Fish (POF) profile? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Plentyoffish if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Plentyoffish Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Plentyoffish in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I delete my Plenty of Fish (POF) profile? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.