If you are putting yourself out there in hopes of trying to find your soul mate, there is nothing as annoying as having your online dating account compromised. This is because whoever has hacked your account can not only use your pictures for malicious intent, but they might also permanently spoil any chances you might have had with anyone. The embarrassment of having to apologize and explaining that your account was hacked may not always do you the justice that you deserve.
How Do I Know Whether or Not I Have Been Hacked?
Here are signs that your Plenty of Fish account has been hacked:
1. You cannot sign in. Your account will accept neither your username or your password. You need to be careful to ensure that you are not the one who has made an error in typing. This is highly likely when you have your suspicions and, in confusion, miss to type one number or digit.
2. You start getting messages that do not reflect your regular activity on the application.
3. You still get messages even after deactivating your account.
5. You receive an email notifying you that you have attempted to change your email.
6. Your profile details are not the same.
What to Do If Your Account Has Been Hacked
1. Add the Plenty of Fish's email to your address book
2. Be sure to not click on "Report Spam" on your POF emails
3. Try to change your password. If you are successful in changing your password, Plenty of Fish will automatically log you out, and you will have to sign in with your new password.
4. Try to report the person who has hacked your account by clicking on the Report User tab on the account's profile.
5. Install and Run an Anti-Virus program on your PC or phone. To gain access to your account, hackers usually install spyware into your device. This spyware then tracks your activity, and from this, the hackers can get your login details.
What to Do to Prevent Your Plenty of Fish Account from Being Hacked Again
1. Plenty of Fish recommends that you update your login information frequently to make it hard for anyone to hack your account. Make sure that every time you reset your password; you make it complex. A good password is one that has a good mix of alphanumeric characters.
2. Run your antivirus program frequently. This ensures that you are continually removing any malicious software that could compromise you.
3. Ensure that all of your operating systems and applications are updated.
4. Keep track of your financial transactions. This will help you take note of transactions that you didn't do and help you curb any more financial transactions early on.
How to Contact Plenty of Fish
If any of the above solutions do not suffice, or if you still need help with your account, here is how you can contact Plenty of Fish:
1. Call the Plenty of Fish customer care helpline. Click on 1 and then on 3 to get a customer care agent to assist you. This service is available 24 hours a day.
2. Go to Plenty of Fish's website. On the top right, click on "Help." You will be directed to the help center where you can read on the frequently asked questions and also get instructions on how to reset your account.
3. Find Plenty of Fish on their twitter account.
4. Plenty of Fish's live chat is not available because it is being reinvented. You can, therefore, use the above means to contact them.