How do I cancel or change my Priceline reservation?
Traveling can be stressful. Sometimes things can come up and you need to cancel your reservation or change it. Here's what you need to know about changing a Priceline reservation.
Priceline is an online seller of airline tickets, hotel rooms and rental vehicles at great discount prices. Their services greatly ease the burden of planning a trip. To receive these amazing discounts, customers may have to give up certain privileges associated with regular bookings such as seeing all the information pertaining to the itinerary or the right to cancel and change a reservation.
It should be clearly stated at the outset that Priceline itself cannot cancel a reservation. The airline, hotel and rental car company booked through Priceline are the only ones who can make or change a reservation. They also do not have a blanket cancellation policy, but their policies apply on a case by case basis.
Priceline offers two methods for making reservations. The first involves using standard rates while the second is the 'Name Your Price' or 'Express Deal' rates. If you make your reservations using the latter method, then you forfeit any chance of changing or cancelling the reservation. Priceline determines the airline, hotel or rental car company that you will use on your travels.
However, if you use the 'Express Deal' system and then book additional days, Priceline can make an exception and offer you assistance to change your travel arrangements. The following instructions should help you cancel a Priceline flight, hotel, or car rental booking:
- Launch your web browser in any of your devices and go to the Priceline website
- In the top right hand corner of the Priceline's homepage you will see a tab 'My Trips.' Click it and a drop down menu will appear.
- Of the options in the drop down menu select 'View, Print, or Email Your Itinerary.'
- There will appear a page with empty fields asking you to fill in the email address and trip number relevant to your reservation. Fill in the email address and ID number on your itinerary. It should be on a print-out of your reservation and in your email inbox.
- If you do not have the ID number, check the box labeled 'I don't have my trip number.' Two empty fields will appear and you will be prompted to fill in your phone number through which you will receive the trip number and also the last four digits of your credit card number. When finished, click 'Continue'
- Priceline will look for your reservation and check if you are eligible for cancellation. If you are not eligible, Priceline should notify you and give reasons why. If you are, you will be provided with a link that will enable you to change your booking. It should say "Change My Flight" or "Cancel My Car Rental" or "Change my Hotel Reservation."
- Click on the change you want to make. You can make a single change or multiple ones. However, the new itinerary should be drastically different from the original itinerary you had. If they are, it may impede the change or you may be asked to pay more if the change requires it.
Another way to cancel or change your Priceline booking is to call customer service. Here is how you can do it:
- Open your web browser and launch the GetHuman site
- On the site's homepage you will see an empty search field. Fill in 'Priceline' and press 'Enter'
- You will see Priceline's customer service number and all other contact info on the site. When you are connected to a live customer service agent ensure you have all your information handy.
You can also purchase travel insurance through Priceline. In case of any disaster be it natural or manmade you will be reimbursed the full amount of your reservation.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I cancel or change my Priceline reservation?"?
After thousands of Priceline customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I cancel or change my Priceline reservation? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Priceline if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Priceline Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Priceline in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I cancel or change my Priceline reservation? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.