Priceline allows customers to book hotels and other travel arrangements like flights at exceptional discount rates. However, they have to give up transparency about their travel plans meaning they do not know which airline they will be using or the hotel at which they will be staying. Priceline allows customers to do this using their 'Name Your Own Price' tool. The tool has been reduced to an option in favor of low rates with transparent options but the savings are still monumental. We will review how to book flights and hotels on the online travel agency.
Booking a flight on Priceline.com is as simple as using most online travel agencies. However, there are some slight differences. The process of booking a flight on Priceline is as follows:
1. Open Priceline.com and sign in
2. Enter details of your trip which includes your city and airport of departure, travel dates, preferred cabin and number of your travel party.
3. Click 'Search All Flights' to search for the best flight prices on the aforementioned travel dates. You can also select a trip with multiple stops instead of a typical round trip if it saves you money
4. The results will be categorized by price. The results will be categorized by the cheapest flight overall, rather than cheapest nonstop. Utilize the controls on the sidebar to the left to filter the results.
There is a tip worth noting at this stage. Depending on the route, each airline's website may offer different prices; unless you're set on using Priceline, it is a good idea to compare fares. Express Deal flights will also appear and are characterized by their 'special fare' designation and lack of information. You will see some information once you book the Express Deal flight. Moreover, Express Deal tickets are completely nonrefundable and unchangeable.
5. Pick the flight you find most attractive to you and input the requisite information including picking your seat number and providing personal information and payment details.
6. Wait for confirmation. Priceline allocates you 24 hours to change or cancel your flight plan.
Booking a hotel through Priceline.com is just like using any other online travel agency but with a few exceptions. The process is as described below:
Though disabled for flights, you can still use the 'Name Your Own Price' feature for hotels. Open the home page and scroll down until you see a link to the tool.
If you have any issues with the booking processes above, then you should contact Priceline directly. There are several ways to contact the company all of which can be obtained through GetHuman.
After thousands of Priceline customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I make a booking on Priceline.com? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Priceline if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Priceline in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I make a booking on Priceline.com? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.