What Do I Do If My Roblox Account Was Hacked?
Having your Roblox account hacked can be very scary, but don't worry as there is still hope. First, it is crucial to know how your account got hacked in the first place to prevent it from happening again. Was your Roblox account snatched away by a scam link? Did you give it to a complete stranger who made a promise to give you something in return? The safety of your account lies in your hands.
How to Recover Your Account
Once you have established that your account has been hacked, the next step is to recover it. The following steps show how you can get your account back:
1. Off-site Downloads or Browser Extensions: If you accidentally downloaded content from an unsafe site, this could expose your Roblox account to hackers. You will need to delete this first prior to conducting password resets. Run a complete virus scan on your personal computer to get rid of harmful programs. Afterwards restart the machine and scan it one more time for security purposes. Any downloaded extensions should be eliminated.
2. Reset the Password to Your Roblox Account: Change the password to something's that secure and hard to guess. To reset your password follow these steps:
- Login into your Roblox Account.
- Select the gear icon on the upper right-hand-side corner of the website.
- In the pop-up menu click on Settings.
- Click Change Password (the icon that resembles a pencil and paper).
- Input your current password.
- Enter your new account password two times.
- Verify your email address.
3. Enable two-step Verification: Make sure that you enable the 2-step verification to secure your account better. Just go to Settings then to Security to find this feature.
Contact the Company
If password resetting fails to work and you require help going back to your account, contact Roblox's customer service. The company needs to ensure that they are talking to the actual owner of the account.
- The best way to contact them is to use the first email ID added to your account or the billing email ID that was used in making the first payment on the account. You should note that even if your Roblox account is hijacked and the email is altered, the company can still see the initial owner of the account and the billing email address.
- Given that your account didn't have an email ID or credit card purchase/PayPal purchase, the company can still work with you in trying to verify company ownership.
Did You Lose Items or Currency on Your Compromised Roblox Account?
Hijacked accounts qualify for a one-time restoration of lost items and/or currency or their approximate value. It is important to note that Roblox currently doesn't have a feature that lets them reverse a player's account to its previous condition, but they still try to restore what they can to the best of their ability. To initiate the process, contact their Customer Service representatives.
- You need to notify Roblox within 2 weeks of your account being hacked. If you do not notify them within this time frame, they may not be able to restore your account.
- Roblox doesn't support or restore account holders making deals for currency, items and much more outside their official systems. As a player, you should never carry out a trade or buy anything because somebody else has promised to give you something in return.
- You can report other players trying to make such deals using the Report Abuse feature.
How to Keep Your Roblox Account Safe
Follow these steps to avoid being hacked again in the future:
- Do not share your password, cookies and other personal details with anyone.
- Have a password that is not easy to guess.
- Enable the two-step verification feature.
- Always remember to log out of your Roblox account after you are done playing.
- Do not add somebody else's email ID on your Roblox account.
- Learn to identify scam sites
- Do not input your login details into an in-game pop-up.
- Do not download extension files from untrusted sources.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Do I Do If My Roblox Account Was Hacked?"?
After thousands of ROBLOX customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If My Roblox Account Was Hacked? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting ROBLOX if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for ROBLOX Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like ROBLOX in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If My Roblox Account Was Hacked? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.