Redbox is America's top source for DVD and Blu-ray Disc rentals. Not only does the company have available over 41,500 self-service, conveniently located, entertainment rental kiosks, but it also offers movies and TV shows on Demand, without a subscription. However, from time to time you may get a movie that is unplayable or have another reason why you need to request a refund. The answer to your question, "How do I get a refund from Redbox?" can be found right here in this article.
If you are requesting a refund because your DVD rental won't play, here are some things to try first as there could be several reasons for this to occur.
1. Start by making sure the disc is compatible with your player. A Blu-ray disc must be played with a Blu-ray player, a 4K UHD disc is only compatible with a 4K UHD player, and so on.
2. Check to make sure the player you are using is working properly by trying to play another disc in it.
3. Create a cleaning solution by combining water and alcohol or mild detergent (never use solvents, abrasives, or extremely acidic cleansers). Using a soft cloth (no paper towels), clean the disc by rubbing it gently from the middle outwards. Once completely dry, insert the disc into your player, and try playing it again.
Redbox on demand delivers movies that can be played over your internet connection at the highest quality. If you are trying to watch a Redbox movie on demand and it keeps skipping or buffering continuously, try the following general troubleshooting for performance issues including buffering:
Mobile Phone or Tablet
1. Verify the application you are using to watch the movie on your device, is running the most current software version by checking for available updates
2. Check your Wi-Fi/data connection for upload and download speeds. The recommended speed is 3.0 Mbps minimum.
3. Try closing and restarting the application you are using
4. Power cycle your device.
1. Verify the web browser you are using is supported
2. Ensure your computer is updated
3. Check your Wi-Fi/data connection for upload and download speeds. The recommended speed is 3.0 Mbps minimum.
4. Try closing and reopening your browser
5. Restart the computer.
If you are still having problems getting the disc to play right, you can report the issue, then return the disc for a refund. Click here to report the problem through IVR. Use option 1 to report the issue by entering your payment information and the barcode. Next, return the disc back to the box where you got it from to avoid being charged for additional nights. Note: You can return the disc before reporting the issue as well. Your refund will be issued once the disc has been received.
Per Redbox policy, no refunds will be administered on charges that are more than 90 days old.
After thousands of Redbox customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Get a Refund from Redbox? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Redbox if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Redbox in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Get a Refund from Redbox? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.