Redbox was founded in 2002 and has since expanded to 42, 000 kiosks. It works like a vending machine for dispensing movies at a small fee.
1. Locate a Redbox. Most of them are found outside popular grocery stores, gas stations, and department stores. If you are unsure of the Redbox that is close to you, you can find it in the Redbox website under the option 'Redbox Locations.' Enter your ZIP code to find a Redbox near you.
2. Create an account to reserve a movie or video game
3. If you visit a Redbox to rent your video game or movie, you will have three options; 'Online Rental Pick Up,' 'Rent a DVD,' and 'Return DVD.'
4. Choose the game or movie you want to rent. If you don't see it, click on 'More Titles'
5. Select 'Add to Cart'
6. When you are done, click 'Check Out' and enter your personal details as prompted.
7. Swipe your card and enter your email address to obtain a receipt.
8. Press 'Done.'
Returning Your Rental Movie
1. Click on the option 'Return a DVD' on the opening screen
2. Point the arrow towards the slot at the right of the machine
3. Insert the disc into the slot to complete your return
4. Choose to receive a return receipt when prompted
Always ensure that you have an email sent as a receipt for your Redbox rental and return. The DVDs may get stuck to the machine. If you do not have a receipt, you will be charged for not returning it. You should also keep track of the plastic cases that hold the discs. You may need to pay a fee to replace them.
You should try to return your rental by 9:00 PM on the next day. It is the deadline for your Redbox rentals. If you missed the deadline, your video game or movie will be automatically rented for the next day.
Redbox allows you to rent your movie or video game for as long as you need it. However, renting for long periods results in higher charges. If you reach the maximum rental period, you will be charged the maximum rental amount and you can keep the disc.
When you rent, do not remove the bar code from the center of the disc. It is important when returning. You can't return a disc if it cannot be read.
You do not have to return your movie to the Redbox where you got it.
Redbox has a rent-and-return-anywhere policy that allows you to return your movie or video game to any Redbox in the country. On your mobile device, you may use the Redbox GPA locate you can find the Redbox that is closest to your location.
If you need help with your Redbox rentals or returns, you may seek help from the customer support team. One of the best ways to contact Redbox for support is on the phone. Be polite and patient even if you feel frustrated. The customer support agents are helpful and you can contact them with any of your issues. You may have to call several times before getting the help you need.
Live chat is another good option to seek support if phone support is not a good option. It also gives you the opportunity to speak with a customer care agent.
If you don't need to speak directly with an agent, you may seek support through email. Send an email with all the important details of your concern and the type of help you would like to receive.
After thousands of Redbox customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Return My Movie to Redbox? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Redbox if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Redbox in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Return My Movie to Redbox? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.