Redmi is a smartphone and a sub-brand owned by Xiaomi. It was founded to introduce budget smartphones in the market. If you lost your Redmi phone, you can try to track it through mi cloud services. If that fails, try using your device manager. Follow these steps to recover your lost phone.
1. Turn on 'Find Device' in Mi Cloud
Ensure that the option 'Find Device' is enabled in your Mi Cloud settings. The option 'Turn on Device' makes it possible to find your phone.
2. Login MI Cloud. If it asks you for permission, click 'Got it'
3. Click on the option 'Find Device' at the bottom of the menu
4. Locate your device. Unfortunately, it may be impossible to find your phone if it is offline. If it is online, you can locate, lock, and erase it remotely
5. Navigate to the MI website and sign in to your account
Recovering a Deleted Account
If you deleted your account before signing out from your phone, you may be locked out.
One of the best ways to deal with the problem is in the service center. The engineers there are knowledgeable and they may help you recover your account.
If you don't want to seek support on the help center, follow these steps;
1. Create a new MI account
2. Learn how to use EDL mode
3. Download a recent ROM for your phone
4. Enter the EDL mode and clean flash the ROM you downloaded using Mi flash. The older MIUI ROMS should not directly check for account status. You should get the opportunity to choose between using an existing account and creating a new one
5. Enter the credentials of your new account and log in
6. Enable the option 'Find Device now'
7. Load your recovery ROM to internal memory and update it to the latest ROM
8. Wait for it to update
9. When your phone starts, you will have the latest ROM and you will be logged in to your new MI account
10. Open the MI website and log into your new account with your PC. On the browser, you will find the option to wipe out your device remotely. Tap on it and your device will be wiped
11. Once your device is wiped, it will start again. Click 'Next' until you get to the MI screen. Instead of asking for the password of your old account, you will need to provide the password of your new account.
12. Enter your password
13. You may perform a reset from settings, Additional settings, backup and reset, and then reset.
With these options, you will have linked your phone to your new MI account.
If You Forgot Your Password
If you forgot your Redmi password, you can reset it by clicking on the 'Forgot Password?' link. You may also send Redmi an email requesting a reset.
There are a few options to contact Redmi if you need help. The best way to reach them is over the phone. You will be connected with a representative who may help you recover your account. Be polite and patient even if you have been inconvenienced. If one representative cannot help you, call again later and you may be connected with a different one. Being rude reduces your chances of getting help.
Another way to seek help is on Live Chat. Click on the option 'Chat Now' and you will be connected with the right help in a few minutes. Tell them the kind of problem you are experiencing and you will get help. Redmi does not offer support on social media.
After thousands of Redmi customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Redmi Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Redmi if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Redmi in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Redmi Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies