How do I get a refund from Rockstar Games?
If you made a purchase you didn't mean to, or if you noticed there's a charge on your account from Rockstar, here are the best ways to collect a refund for those charges.
Reasons Why You Might Need a Refund
- You bought the wrong product. Sometimes you might make a mistake between selecting your order and confirming the product of your choice. In other circumstances, there might have been an error in the system leading to you having received the product.
- You made the purchase accidentally. This is mot common in events where you are not the one who had access to your account. It might be a child or even a friend. Whichever the case, it is easy for someone else to make a purchase accidentally or without knowledge of how pricy the item may be.
- You don't like the product that you purchased. Maybe once you see your product, it doesn't meet the specifications that were outlined on the website.
Terms of Sale at Rockstar Games
Here is a breakdown on where Rockstar Games stands on all issues concerning getting a refund:
- Once you place an order on the site, you have automatically agreed to abide by all their terms.
- Rockstar Games gives you a grace period where all cancellations made will incur no penalty, no matter the reason for canceling. For all products, this period is fourteen working days after the date of delivery. For all services, the period is still fourteen working days, but fourteen days after Rockstar Games accepting the order.
- There are various circumstances under which your right to the above cancellation policy may be revoked. These circumstances include:
- If you choose to exercise your right to cancel after the service has been done and completed, with your consent, but completion is before the grace period expires. In such an event, you will be required to pay a fee equal to the work that has been done.
- If you order digital content that does not come in a tangible case, and if you start using it before the grace period expires, you lose your right to cancel. If you purchase software and unseal it, you also lose your right to cancel.
- If a product was made to fit your needs specifically
- If you do choose to make a cancellation, your cancellation notice must be in writing and must be addressed to Rockstar Games' cancellation email. If you do not wish to submit your notice in writing, you can fill in the cancellation form found online and submit it electronically.
- If you do choose to cancel, you are obligated to take adequate care of any products in your possession.
- You can then choose to return the product to your nearest Rockstar Games store. You can also make preparations for Rockstar Games representatives to come to collect the product within fourteen days of giving the cancellation notice. If you do choose to drop off your product at a nearby store, you will incur all the necessary costs.
- If you have canceled a service and you had already paid for it, you are eligible to receive a refund within fourteen days of Rockstar Games having received evidence of the return of your product.
- You are also eligible to be refunded for costs such as delivery costs if at all you paid for them. However, if you chose a delivery option other than the cheapest option availed to you by Rockstar Games, you will only be refunded an amount equal to the cheapest delivery option.
- Rockstar Games may choose to make a deduction from your refund if there is any loss in value with the product in your possession. The decline in value should be as a result of you handling the products for reasons that do not include ensuring that the product has all the essential characteristics and is functioning correctly.
Other Methods of Contact
If the above method does not work, you can log into the Rockstar Games Website. Scroll down until you see a "General Support" tab and click on it. You will be directed to a page offering you help with various problems. You can also choose to call Rockstar Games' customer care team directly.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I get a refund from Rockstar Games?"?
After thousands of Rockstar Games customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I get a refund from Rockstar Games? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Rockstar Games if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Rockstar Games Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Rockstar Games in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I get a refund from Rockstar Games? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.