Rockstar is a popular game so it is no surprise that plenty of hackers target its users. If your account has been hacked, you may be unable to log in. If someone has hacked your email address too, it may be difficult to reset your password. You should contact the Rockstar Games support team for help as soon as you realize your account was hacked.
If you got your account from another person, they may still be able to access it. It is unwise to buy your account from other people as they may hack your account if they still have your username and password.
The original owner has the right to take back their account since it is licensed to them. Rockstar cannot do anything about it as your arrangement violates their terms and conditions. They may even ban the account for violating the license.
How to Prevent Your Account From Being Hacked
1. Get two-step verification for your email. While it is possible for someone to access your account, they cannot get into your email address if you have activated the two-step verification.
2. Do not log into your account using other people's devices. Most of the time, hackers are your friends or family members. If you forget to log out, they may continue to access your account after you change your password.
3. Do not get your account from other people. Buying your account from other people violates the privacy settings. It also increases your chances of being hacked.
4. Use a strong password for your account and change it often
Resetting Your Email
Changing your email makes it easy to recover your account if the email associated with your Rockstar Games account is compromised.
1. Log into your Social Club account
2. Tap on your profile name at the top right
3. Select the 'Settings' option
4. Click on the option 'Edit' next to your Nickname or Email
5. Enter your new email
6. Click 'Save Changes'
It is important to note that your Support accounts and Social Club TV are linked to your email address. If you edit your email address, you will lose all the support tickets and Social Club TV videos.
Recovering Your Password
After resetting your email address, you need to get a different password. You can reset your password by using the 'Forgot password' tool. You will receive a link in your new email address and you can use it to reset your password. If you do not receive it, it may be in your junk or spam folder. Disable your spam filter and try again. Your new password should be strong and unique. Do not use one that is similar to your previous one.
Reporting to Rockstar Games
After changing your account, the hacker may still have access to your account if they are already logged in. You must contact the customer support team for help. The most effective way of reaching Rockstar is by phone. When you call them, you will be connected to an agent who will guide you through the process.
You may also submit a ticket to Rockstar explaining the nature of your problem. Be as polite and as detailed as possible. If the customer support team does not understand your problem, they may be unable to help you.
You may also get tips for recovering your account from the various Rockstar Games communities. The Rockstar Games community is strong and friendly. It is easy to get help whenever you need it. You may start a conversation about the issue or follow conversations raised by other issues.