Does Safelink Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service?
This article outlines the pros and cons of a Safelink cellphone plan and explains how this is one of the oldest free government cellphone service programs available. The article includes discussion about eligibility, how plans can vary from state to state and the limitations of the plans. There are two hyperlinks to reach customer service in the article as well.
Safelink provides free cellphone service to eligible households through the Lifeline Assistance Program which supports connectivity for millions of Americans receive other government assistance. But does Safelink have the best customer satisfaction for cellphone service? What are the pros and cons of Safelink's service? You can contact Safelink here for more information, and you can read below for a review of what is good and not so good about Safelink cellphone service.
- Safelink is free to eligible households in over 40 states and in Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Therefore, families that may not be able to afford a regular cellphone plan and are on government assistance programs can get a free cellphone with talk and text free of charge. This free program helps families reach out in emergencies, search for employment, and stay connected to schools and support agencies. Safelink only requires proof of income or proof of enrollment in a government assistance plan such as SNAP or Medicaid.
- In addition to the free talk and text minutes, the phones are also free to consumers who meet eligibility requirements. If you already have a phone, Safelink can provide a compatible SIM card to use with that device.
- Safelink partners with Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint to increase the coverage area; however, coverage is optimized for the major carrier's primary customers over other programs such as Safelink.
- Since it is a free government assistance program, talk and text minutes are strictly limited. Depending on your need, you may have to purchase more minutes each month to add to your card once you've reached your free limit. Note: California residents get free talk, text and data with their Safelink phones because the state government provides a subsidy for users to have this option. The limited number of minutes and data are among the chief complaints of consumers. Eligibility and plans vary from state to state so moving to a new state could significantly impact your plan.
- Safelink is limited to one phone per household, so households with more than one person would have to share minutes which could cause them to run out more quickly.
- Even though it partners with major companies, Safelink coverage is not the greatest. Poor coverage is one of the main complaints about Safelink cellphone service.
- Consumers have to re-verify eligibility on a regular basis and eligibility guidelines can vary from state to state. Generally, re-verification occurs once a year.
The bottom line is Safelink makes it possible for eligible households to have the means to contact doctors, family, schools and employers at no cost to the consumer so they can experience an enhanced quality of life. The biggest complaints are limited data and a not so great coverage area. For more information, contact Safelink here and see if you are eligible for a free cellphone and service.
Keywords: Safelink; Safelink customer service satisfaction, Safelink cellphone service.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "Does Safelink Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service?"?
After thousands of SafeLink customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together Does Safelink Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting SafeLink if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for SafeLink Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like SafeLink in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our Does Safelink Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 9 months ago
Updated 9 months ago
Viewed 511,907 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Just want to switch my number to a different phone
My safe link wireless phone was stolen. I would like to lock stolen phone and Sim card...
I have had safe link phone for * year's same number. Will now when I call someone my na...
Cannot make or receive calls.error message says mobile network not available
I've seem to have lost the pin number and the ** number to atavate the *ontinued monthl...
Paying Too Much for TV?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies