How Can I Track a Lost or Stolen Safelink Phone?
Losing a phone can be depressing for a Safelink phone, mainly, which contains free calls, internet, and texts. It may also provide personal information while purchasing a new phone is somewhat expensive.
I have, therefore, come up with a few guidelines that discuss how to track a lost or stolen Safelink phone.
Calling Your Phone Number
Forgetting is natural, and you may forget your phone at your last location. It is, therefore, necessary that you try calling and going back to the last place you were.
If the ringer volume is high, you will hear it, or it may alert someone who is nearby, and the high chances are that someone will find it. If someone at the other end answers, you need to organize how to get it back.
However, if the phone is off, you need to use more comprehensive methods to locate it. You can do this by:
Using Your Mobile Phone Services Provider
If your sim card was in the lost phone, you could consult your mobile phone service provider to help locate it.
If you are using Verizon, AT&T, or Virgin, there are specific ways to track a Safelink lost or stolen mobile phone.
For other mobile phone service providers, you can follow the following steps.
First, you are required to locate your phone on google;
Using Google Android Manager to Locate a Safelink Phone
Tracking via Google Android Manager is possible if you used your lost phone for web browsing and emails.
Follow the following steps;
1. Use another device, preferably desktop or laptop, and fill in your credentials to log into your google account.
2. On a new tab, type to search "Find my android phone."
3. Scroll down and tap on to the search result labeled, "Find your phone- My google account." This will lead you to a page with a list of devices that accessed your account.
4. If you used your phone for web browsing, you are likely to find it on the list. Tap on it and refill your login credentials for verification. It then directs you to another page that shows a map in which you tap on the "Find my phone." Wait a few seconds, and then the map will narrow down to your phone's last location.
5. Finding your phone using iPhone, iCloud, or on the Find my phone app on Apple is similar to using Google Android Manager. The process is the same, and the most crucial requirement is that you browsed or signed in to your email account using your lost device.
6. Proceed to report on your findings to Safelink.
In the case that you are unsuccessful in locating the phone, you can use third party apps on the phone, most especially if you use the AT&T network. By gaining access to your phone's app, the AT&T service provider blocks your device such that no one can use the phone.
Contact Safelink Tracfone
You can then contact the Safelink customer support team on the TracFone system, who will help find your device. You require to give them the following details;
The representative files a report on the lost or stolen device and sends you a receipt on your email address for confirmation.
Between 3 – 5 days, you may receive your lost device or a new one in case they don't find the one you lost.
After thousands of SafeLink customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Can I Track a Lost or Stolen Safelink Phone? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting SafeLink if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like SafeLink in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Can I Track a Lost or Stolen Safelink Phone? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.