Safelink is a program from Tracfone to help low-income individuals and families. With the program, you can enjoy limited free minutes every month, voicemail, caller ID, text messaging, and other standard features. To enjoy the program, you have to be currently receiving government assistance, Federal Housing Assistance, or Medicaid. Follow these steps to unlock your Safelink.
1. Apply for the Safelink program on their website or at a local DSS. Ask them for an application for the Safelink program.
2. You will be required to answer a few questions. Be honest as deception could result in heavy fines
3. Pick a plan that matches your needs. Safelink offers three unique plans. The first one offers 68 minutes every month. It also allows text messaging which is equivalent to .3 of your minutes. With the second plan, you get 125 free minutes per month. It also offers text messaging where one message is equivalent to one minute. The third plan gives you 250 free minutes every month. One minute is charged for every text message
4. Once you have made your choice, submit your application. If you are doing it online, click on the 'Submit' button. If you are applying at a DSS office, submit it to the secretary
5. If you are eligible, your Safelink phone will be sent in your mail
6. Power on the phone to unlock your free minutes
Unlocking Your Safelink Minutes
1. Click on the 'Menu' button on the phone. The word 'Prepaid' will appear on the screen
2. Click 'Select;
3. Click on the option 'redeem' or 'add' airtime
4. Press 'OK'
5. If there is an error message, scroll down and click 'OK'
6. There will be an option that says ' Card #" or "Airtime Pin'
7. Enter '555' and press 'OK'
8. If the screen asks you for a promo code, select 'No'
Contacting the Support Team
If you run into any problems when trying to unlock your Safelink phone, you may seek help from their customer service team. There are plenty of ways to reach Safelink when you need help. Phone support is the best option. It is convenient as you get to speak with a live customer service agent. The best alternative to phone support is live chat. You get to speak with a support agent.
Email support may be a great option if you don't necessarily need to speak with an agent. Usually, you and the customer service representatives have to send several emails back and forth before receiving the help you need. With email support, you will always have records of your interaction with the support agents. You can use them for future reference.
The Safelink help desk is the first support alternative for many users. On the help pages, there are answers to plenty of issue-specific topics and questions that the users may have. Consider looking for answers on the help pages before contacting the support agents directly. If you end up going back and forth with a customer service agent on the help desk, they may direct you to contact them on the phone or email.
After thousands of SafeLink customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Unlock My Safelink Phone? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting SafeLink if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like SafeLink in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Unlock My Safelink Phone? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.