How do I activate my SafeLink phone?
Congrats on your new phone! If you want to get it working, we researched the best ways to do so and have laid them out for you in this easy to follow guide.
SafeLink is a government sponsored provider of cell service for low income individuals. It is actually a subsidiary of Tracfone Wireless, the leading cell phone service provider in the United Stated of America. When you get a SafeLink cell phone, which is usually acquired free of charge, it is your job to activate it to enjoy its services. It is relatively simple to activate a SafeLink phone but many people do have problems doing it. You no longer have to worry because we will provide you with two step by step guides to activate your SafeLink phone:
The first method to activate your phone involves the following steps:
- Get a Net10 BYOP SIM Card activation kit which typically costs one dollar. Ensure the kit is compatible with your specific SafeLink device.
- Launch your browser and open the SafeLink website. On the site's landing page you can begin filling your application. The registration process will begin with your ZIP code which notifies SafeLink of your Location and they can begin creating your account. Other details you will be asked to provide in the application process include at least three photo ID card images which can consist of your EBT card and SSN card and driving license. It would be smart to have those documents handy before you start the application
- You will then be directed to a page with signature field boxes where you should fill in your name and initials. Some devices will not acknowledge these boxes and if this happens, use a different device that does.
- After filling in the boxes you will be directed to the final confirmation page where you will be prompted to provide a confirmation 'Enrollment ID Number.' The number will be your lifeline whenever you run into trouble with SafeLink's customer service representatives. This step should be the final one in the application process.
- Sometime after completing the registration process, call SafeLink's Enrollment Department and request for your device to be activated. Start by clearly stating your Enrollment ID Number and you will be connected to a call center representative soon. During the call you may be asked to submit
- the phone number you want to keep,
- your NET10 BYOP SIM card number,
- your new device's IMEI number and
- Personal information like your birthday, address and Social Security Number.
Ensure you have all of the above information before you make the call. Your device should be activated within fifteen minutes of the call.
The other way to activate your SafeLink phone involves the following steps:
- Open the box in which your SafeLink phone arrived and remove all of the contents within.
- Untangle the power cord you removed from the box, insert it into your brand new phone and then plug it in to an electrical outlet. Let the phone charge until the battery is completely full which should take one or two hours.
- One of the contents inside the SafeLink phone box is an activation card. Find it and diligently follow the instructions provided to activate your SafeLink phone. If you find no activation card in the box, it means that your phone is already activated.
- Turn on your phone and make a test call to ensure that your phone is indeed activated. If the call goes through it means that your phone is activated and ready to be used.
- If the call dies not go through it means that your phone is not activated. For any activation problems you should call SafeLink's customer care department. Press 1 and then keep pressing 0 until you are transferred to a customer care representative.
With these steps, you should be able to activate your SafeLink phone.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I activate my SafeLink phone?"?
After thousands of SafeLink customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I activate my SafeLink phone? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting SafeLink if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for SafeLink Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like SafeLink in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I activate my SafeLink phone? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 2 years ago
Viewed 230,544 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
My phone was stolen along with my sim card. I need to activate another sim card to anot...
my phone keeps saying I need a sims card ? so I cant call out only for ***?*my cell...
I am Hsilan Hsu -a Safelink Service user. (ENROLLMENT ID *********)*My current Smartpho...
I have had SAFELINK for a two years or more, I originally got it through T-Mobile. I am...
I moved from quincy,il to waverly,il and didnt get reception here...a year has gone by...
Paying Too Much for TV?
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies