If for any reason, you are not satisfied with your Sears items, you have the right to return them and get a refund. If you wish to return your purchase, ensure that it is in its original packaging and unused condition. You must have the original copy of your receipt. If your purchase came with any accessories or manuals, you must return them too. You should return your purchase within 30 days after the date of purchase.
If you are eligible for a refund, it will be sent to your original method of payment. If you made a purchase with a gift receipt, it may be refunded in the form of a gift card or exchange. Sears has the right to deny your request for a refund if they feel that you do not qualify for one.
If you return your purchase directly from a store, your financial institution will view it in 72 hours or less. They should post it within five business days. If you want to ship an item back or return a purchase that was delivered to your home, you may have to wait up to ten business days before getting your money back.
Exceptions When Making Returns to Sears
If you purchased delivered furniture or indoor upholstered furniture, you may return them within seven days of purchase. Your postpaid cell phones must be returned within 14 days after the day of purchase. If your 14 days are over, the problem should be addressed directly by your carrier.
Some items may not be returnable. Some of them include the following;
1. Whole house standby generators
2. Automotive items that are only covered under certain product warranties issued in connection with auto services
3. Customized items such as gift cards and pieces of jewelry
4. Labor or installation fees
5. Holiday products when the holiday is over
6. Opened software, video games, and collectibles unless they are defective. You can get a similar item in exchange.
7. Your mattresses and foundations may have a trial period of 30 days. All of them have varying terms and conditions. They are only eligible for a one-time return. You may not return your mattresses and foundations if they are infested, soiled, or damaged. At the time of return, your mattress should have a law tag
If you wish to file for a refund, you must report your problem within 72 hours. If you do not report your problem within this time, you may not be eligible for a refund. You may only report the problem and make your request for a return if the damage is visible.
Additional Fees When Filing for a Refund
You may have to pay additional fees when requesting a refund. You may not pay the extra fees if it is prohibited by the law. Some of them include the following;
1. A pick-up fee will be charged if the delivery team has to pick the item from your location
2. You may have to pay a cancellation fee of 15% for any cancellations on your Special Order items. This fee is applicable if you cancel your order more than a day after purchase but before the date of delivery
3. A 15% restocking fee. This fee is applicable to foundations, patio furniture, grills, canopies, mattresses, gazebos, water heaters and any consumer electronics that are opened.
If you need help with your Sears refunds, you should contact the customer support team. If you want to speak directly with an agent, you should contact them by phone. Other ways to reach the customer support team include the help desk and their social media sites.