Skype is a video chat software that makes it possible for you to connect with your loved ones from anywhere in the world. It is a free and easy way to stay connected. It is easy to recover your Skype account if it is hacked. You may also recover a lost or forgotten password or username.
Recovering Your Lost or Forgotten Password or Username
If you do not remember your password, you can reset it on the 'password restore page. You will be required to enter the email address that is associated with your account and click 'submit.' You will receive a temporary code that you can use to connect to the website. Reset your password using a strong password that is easy to remember.
If you forgot your password but cannot access your email, it is still possible to reset your password. You can do it by following these steps;
1. Find the account recovery form
2. You will need to provide your email, Skype name, and phone number. Find a different email that you can access and provide it too
3. Submit the form
4. It may take up to 24 hours for your information to be received and verified. A response will be sent to the email address you provided
If you forgot your username, you can restore it by following these steps;
1. Go to the sign-in page on Skype
2. Click 'More sign-in options'
3. Click on the option 'Forgot my username'
4. Enter a phone number or an email that is associated with your Microsoft account
5. You will receive a security code in the email or phone number you provided
6. Enter the security code and tap 'Next'
7. This option will allow you to see all the accounts that are associated with your email or phone number. Part of the username will stay hidden
8. Once you see the account you wanted to log in to, select 'Sign in.'
Recovering a Hacked Skype Account
Plenty of Skype users report that their accounts have been hacked. Hackers may use your account to make transactions or send spam messages. If you suspect that your account has been hacked, you should change the password as soon as possible. You can change your password by following these simple steps;
1. Open the Account Management page
2. Click on the option 'Change Password' at the bottom of the page. You can find this option under the heading 'Settings and Preferences.'
3. Click on the field 'Enter Password' and type in the password you used to log in
4. Click sign in
5. Enter your current password and then your new password twice
6. Click 'Save' to update your new password
Once you change your password, you may contact Skype and report the problem. Use the two-step verification on your Microsoft account to keep your account secure. It makes it difficult for others to sign in to your account.
If you need help recovering your Skype account, you may get help from the customer support team. One of the best ways to contact them is through Live Chat. When you contact Skype through Live Chat, you will be connected with an agent in 17 hours. You can get Live Chat support 24/7. A representative will provide you with all the tips you may need.
You may also get help from the help desk. You should be able to get help in an average of 55 hours. The help desk has plenty of tips that may help you. It also gives you an opportunity to get the opinions of other users.
After thousands of Skype customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I recover my Skype account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Skype if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Skype in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I recover my Skype account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.