If you are new to Sling TV and want a quick tutorial on how to add a channel to your account, here's everything that you need to know.
Sling TV has had a massive impact on how users watch television. The innovation behind it allows users to let go of traditional cable TV and embrace an all-streaming model that is relatively affordable and effective.
Low pricing, ubiquitous availability, and decent channel packages are some of the words that you can use to describe Sling TV. However, a major drawback of this service has been lack of streamlined process that allows one to select channels that he/she is interested in watching and skip- everything else.
Many customers have been forced to pay for channels that they rarely watch. Fortunately, Sling TV assessed the situation and provided a solution, and you can now add individual channels to your subscription. So how do you add a channel on Sling TV? First, you need top access Sling TV account settings before you add a channel.
How to Access Your Sling Account Settings
Follow these simple steps to access your account settings:
1. Open your browser and head to the Sling official website. Once you are there, click or tap on "Sign In" in the top right corner of the page.
2. You will be redirected to Sling's login page. Enter a valid email and the correct password and click/tap on "Sign In" to continue.
PS: Keep in mind that if you are using a virtual private network (VPN) that is set outside the US, you will run into a warning stating that Sling TV is only available in the US. Therefore, you need to make sure that you have a US based IP when signing into your account. If you encounter any problems, be sure to contact Sling TV customer support.
3. Once you are logged into your account, locate and select the gear icon located in the top right corner of your screen and click/tap on it to open your account settings.
4. The account settings will open. Select "Manage Account" to open a new tab for your Sling account preferences.
5. Sling will open a new tab that shows your account dashboard displaying all the links and information that you will need to manage your Sling TV account. This includes adding channels to your account.
Adding Channels to Your Sling TV Subscription
If you want to make changes to your subscription such as adding or removing channels and packages, make sure that you follow the steps outlined below:
- Under your subscription header, locate and click/tap on "Change Subscription." This option is found on the far left side of your screen.
- Sling TV will take a few seconds to direct you to a new page that has all the options that the service offers. At the top of your page, you will see the basic blue and orange packages. Below this option, you will see the standalone and Latino subscriptions.
- Go on and select "Show More" below any of the other major categories to display a complete list of all the available channels plus add-on packages.
- Click/tap "Select" or "Add" next to the specific package that you wish to add. You will notice that the selected item shifts to a yellow check mark like the other options that exist in your account.
- Once you are sure that you have selected everything that you want to add to your subscription, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click/tap on "Review."
- Sling will then take you to a comprehensive breakdown of your new subscription bill. This bill will show an itemized list of everything that is under your subscription plus all the associated charges. You will also see any additional charges that you will incur for adding new channels to your subscription.
- If you are satisfied with everything, select "Submit Order" to apply the changes. The charges will apply immediately.
After thousands of Sling TV customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I add a channel on Sling TV? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Sling TV if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Sling TV in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I add a channel on Sling TV? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.