How do I change my Sling TV subscription?
If you are new to Sling TV, or if you are a long time member but never had to make any changes, here are the ways to update or change your Sling TV subscription.
The true test of any online subscription service is whether they make it easy for you to leave or change your subscription as they do to sign up. Well, Sling does a pretty good job when it comes to canceling or changing your subscription, but you may still need proper guidance on how to navigate their site to change your subscription.
Do you want to try something else or maybe you have caught up with the Kardashians, and you want to change your Sling subscription to avoid wasting a lot of money on a service that you aren't enjoying?
Either way, you will need to change your subscription before you are billed for next month. Here is a simple guide on how you can change your Sling TV subscription.
- Open your web browser and head to the Sling TV website. Select the Sign In tab on the upper right corner to log into your Sling TV account. You'll need to make sure that you are using a US based IP before you try access Sling TV website.
PS: If you are using a virtual private network, make sure that it is set to the US to avoid encountering an error message while trying to access the Sling TV site.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner to open your Sling TV account settings
- The page will take a few seconds to load. Once it is through with loading, you will land on the settings page with the Account tab open. Click on the Manage Account tab to open a new tab that has your account preferences
- From the account preferences that pop up, select change subscription located on the left side of the screen under the Your Subscription header.
- You will be directed to a new page with a comprehensive list of all options that Sling offers. At the top of the page, you will find the basic Blue and orange packages. Below the Blue and Orange packages, Sling lists the Latino and standalone subscriptions.
- Select "show more" below any of the major categories to display a comprehensive list of all the available channels and other add-on packages.
- Press the Select or Add option next to the package that you wish to add to your subscription. The channel will shift to a yellow check mark just like the other options that are already on your account.
Removing a Package from Your Account
- To remove a package from your account, press the check mark that is located next to the package to make sure that it is no longer checked. It will revert to a blue with the Select or Add option.
- Once you have the configuration that you want, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and press Review
- Sling will provide you with a comprehensive breakdown of your new bill depending on the changes that you've made on your subscription. You'll see any additional charges that you will incur for adding a service to your subscription and the charges will apply immediately.
- Near the bottom of the page, you will find your new monthly bill. Examine it and make sure that everything on it is in your subscription. If everything makes sense to you, proceed to select the Submit Order to effect the changes.
- You can now return to your Sling player of choice and enjoy watching your favorite shows.
Note that this process will take you only a few minutes to complete. Be careful with what you add to your subscription since it will affect your bill. Avoid selecting channels that you don't watch frequently. If you doubt anything on your billing information, be sure to contact support for clarification.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I change my Sling TV subscription?"?
After thousands of Sling TV customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I change my Sling TV subscription? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Sling TV if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Sling TV Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Sling TV in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I change my Sling TV subscription? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.