How do I get a refund from Sling TV?
There are various ways that Sling can charge you. It's your right to know how to get a refund from Sling TV. Here's everything you need to know and how to do it.
Refunds usually come into play when you need to return a product for whatever reason, and you expect your money back because you technically didn't use the product to your satisfaction. Refunds get a little bit more complicated when it comes to intangible products or services like live streaming or cable services, which Sling TV offers.
What happens when you subscribe to a subscription service and realize at some point that you don't want to continue with it and would like a refund? Firstly, you need to cancel your subscription. Here is a step by step guide on how to do it.
How to Cancel Your Sling TV Subscription
- Sign into your Sling TV account
- Scroll to the tab "My Account"
- Select the option for cancelling your subscription
- You will be asked to confirm that you are cancelling your subscription. You need to be sure that you are to avoid going through the process of subscribing again.
- Sling TV will offer you an option of giving feedback. It is not a mandatory field to fill in. However, you can choose to let them know why you cancelled your subscription.
- You will receive an email with the details of your cancellation. If you do not receive the email, our cancellation probably did not go through. You can go ahead and contact Sling TV to find out where the problem might be.
How to Cancel Your Subscription If You Have Forgotten Your Email Address
You don't need to worry. Sling TV makes it very easy for you to recover your account. Simply click on "Forgot your password" at the bottom of the sign in tab and you will be directed on how to recover your email.
What Changes After Cancelling Your Subscription?
You need to confirm what sort of subscription you had.
- Sign into your account if you had previously signed out
- At the bottom, there is an option for either changing your language settings or signing out. Click on the icon in between the two.
- Navigate to the "My Account" section
Therein you will find all the details about your former subscription. That subscription will remain on an active status until it expires. You can also still watch TV, unless your previous subscription was simply on a free trial.
Is a Refund Possible After Cancelling Subscription?
Unfortunately, Sling TV does not offer refunds for partial services. If you cancelled on the first day of the month or mid-month, it will not be possible to get a refund. You need to cancel whatever subscription way in advance in order for you to get a refund. Here are some tips you can follow to ensure that you do not get frustrated trying to get a refund from Sling TV:
- Always make sure that you keep tabs of whatever subscriptions you have. This can be done by monitoring your account using the above process. Don't realize that you need to cancel a subscription the day before it expires, or a day or two into your subscription. This might not give Sling TV enough time to process your cancellation and give you a refund.
- Keep track of all emails and invoices you receive from Sling TV. Sometimes your account is charged twice for the same subscription and you end up paying double the amount. Noticing such an error before your subscription begins almost guarantees a refund. It gets much harder when you realize it when your subscription is almost being terminated.
If nothing else works, you can simply contact your credit card company or bank, give them all the details including all documentation, and ask them to bill back.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I get a refund from Sling TV?"?
After thousands of Sling TV customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I get a refund from Sling TV? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Sling TV if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Sling TV Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Sling TV in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I get a refund from Sling TV? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.