Snapchat malfunctioning can be a huge hindrance particularly if you are a frequent user of the app. It may disorient your lifestyle and diminish some of your relationships. If it persists, the effects will be even worse. You will have to rectify the situation as soon as possible. However, in order to do that, you will be required to know exactly what is wrong with your Snapchat app.
If Snapchat stops working, it is commonly one of two issues. The first issue is that the app fails to send chats or snaps and is a serious problem for Snapchat users. The second issue is a matter of Snapchat not being able to 'Refresh.' If the app cannot refresh, then users can neither send chats or snaps nor receive them. Luckily you can fix it if you are facing any of these issues.
Fix: Snapchat failing to send snaps
Snapchat may allow you to receive and see snaps but you may be unable to send a message or snap. The app will display either of two messages if this happens: "Failed to send. Tap to try again" or "Could not send. Please try again". If Snapchat is not working you will see the above messages repeatedly. To fix it, try the following:
1. Switch 'Airplane Mode' on and off. Snapchat may refuse to send snaps if you have an unstable network connection. The connection to Wi-Fi or mobile data should be strong and stable.
2. Log out of Snapchat then log back in. follow these steps:
i. Open the Snapchat app, click on the ghost icon and select 'Settings.'
ii. Scroll to the bottom of the 'Settings' page and select 'Log Out.'
iii. A confirmation tab 'Are you sure?' will appear. Click 'Yes.
iv. Log in to Snapchat once more and see if you can send messages and snaps.
3. Force close the Snapchat app and reopen it. Go to the recently open apps menu on your phone which will vary depending on the device. Swipe the app to force close it. Open it again and see if the issue is fixed.
4. Clear your Snapchat app cache. It will delete all the unnecessary information from the app. This is achieved by the following steps:
5. Alter storage location. Changing the default storage of your device from your phone's internal memory to external memory may cause your Snapchat to malfunction. Changing it back should remedy it.
6. Uninstall then reinstall the app. If the above steps don't work, the last troubleshoot option is to
Fix: Snapchat not Refreshing
Not being able to refresh the app when you are viewing stories on Snapchat is a huge inconvenience that can luckily be remedied. This problem typically arises when Snapchat is having difficulty connecting to its servers. To fix the issue you can try
Checking your network connection. Ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi or Cellular data connection. You should also check if your device is having network connection issues and fix them if present.
2. Restart your device. This is the most common troubleshooting solution out there and you should do it as it usually works.
3. Sign out of Snapchat which is done via the following process
4. Uninstall then reinstall Snapchat.
Snapchat may also stop working because the app is down. In this case all you can do is wait for Snapchat's technical support team to solve the issue.