Being banned on the Sony network can be frustrating. If you are banned, you can no longer get into your game. If you are banned in PlayStation 4, it is possible to appeal.
How to Know Your Account or Console Has Been Banned
If your account has been banned or suspended, there will be an error message whenever you try to sign in.
1. Try logging in to 'Account Management' on a connected device. If you can't get in, the system may have been banned
2. You may receive an email notification. In most cases, your ban will be accompanied by the following details;
3. Whether your ban is temporary or permanent
4. How long the ban will last
5. Why your account has been banned
6. The date that the ban becomes active
7. By contacting the support team to ask.
You will receive an error message when you are unable to get into PSN. Different error messages have different meanings. Some of the most common error messages include;
This error message means that there is a connection error. It may be a problem with your IP
The message means that you cannot use PlayStation®Network you're your current account.
The message means that your account has been banned temporarily
The error message means that your PSN account has been banned permanently.
The error message means that your PS4 console has been permanently banned from the network.
What You Should do if Your Account was Banned
If you find an error message that shows your account has been banned, follow these steps to address it;
1. Open the PlayStation website and go through the terms and conditions. Identify the regulations that you may have violated.
2. Check your bank. If you owe PlayStation money, they may ban your account temporarily.
3. Sign in on a different PlayStation 4. If you can sign in on your phone or computer but not on your console, the problem may be with your PlayStation.
4. Contact the support team and report your problem. If your account has been banned unfairly, they may help you get it back. They are likely to help you if you have adhered to the terms of service and completed your payments.
Dealing with a Permanent Ban
If your account has been banned permanently, there is little you can do to get it back. Fortunately, you are unlikely to be banned unless you commit serious offenses or are a repeat offender.
If you feel that your permanent ban was a mistake, you may appeal it by contacting the support team. You must be able to prove to them that the ban was a mistake.
Remember that your request may be denied or accepted. Being gracious with members of the support team may help your case. Be polite but persistent and you may get a positive response.
If your appeal is successful, go through the terms and conditions again to ensure that you always abide by them. If you don't, you may have to deal with a temporary or permanent ban again soon. The process of recovering a banned account can be difficult.
If you need help from Sony Network, you may contact the support team and ask for help. The best way to contact them is on the phone. You may also speak with a representative through live chat. Twitter may be a good option if you don't need to speak with a representative. Seek support from their help desk before exploring other options. It covers most of the common issues that you may face.
After thousands of Sony customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Appeal a Banned Account on the Sony Network? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Sony if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Sony in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Appeal a Banned Account on the Sony Network? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.