How Do I Start Earning Frequent Flyer Miles with Southwest Airlines?
Being part of a frequent flyer program is always a good way to get a little more for your purchase, especially if you travel frequently. Southwest Airlines has Rapid Rewards, a program where there's no blackout dates and you can earn unlimited points which never expire. There's no cost to create your account. Just fill in a few fields and you're on your way to earn rewards with Southwest.
Not only is Southwest the largest low-cost airfare provider in the world, but they offer a frequent flyer rewards program that has many perks. Rapid Rewards is more than just a frequent flyer program, you can purchase points at any partners and still benefit. No blackout dates, points that don't expire and unlimited reward seats are just a few of the benefits members of Rapid Rewards can enjoy. This guide will give you a few more details about this program and the steps to enroll.
A Few More Perks Please
- You earn points on everyday purchases with Rapid Rewards partners, not just when you book a flight.
- You can buy more points when needed or you can share them with family and friends, even donate them to charity.
- There is also more than one tier, so you can increase your points purchased by spending in the right tier and the more points you accumulate in a calendar year, the higher your tier.
- Another option is to apply for one of the Rapid Rewards Visa credit cards. If approved, you can receive 40,000 points for just opening the account. From there, you can receive at least 3,000 reward points a year on the anniversary you opened your Rapid Rewards credit card.
- If you already have a rewards credit card, it may be possible to redeem its points for Rapid Rewards. Cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Business have Ultimate Rewards which can be used for Southwest purchases.
How to Enroll
- Go to southwest.com and click on the Rapid Rewards option, which is to the right and beneath the log-in button.
- After clicking on it, you should see a few options like learning more about Rapid Rewards and managing your account. Feel free to review more about the program here and when ready, click on Enroll.
- On the enrollment page you will be asked for the basics, name, mailing address, email address and phone numbers. Here, you will create your username, password and security questions. You will also be asked for your communication preferences.
- When finished, click on Create Account on the bottom right corner. You should receive a confirmation page, email or both.
- Any general questions or concerns? You can reach Southwest customer service here, and for questions about the Rapid Rewards program, contact them here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Start Earning Frequent Flyer Miles with Southwest Airlines?"?
After thousands of Southwest Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Start Earning Frequent Flyer Miles with Southwest Airlines? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Southwest Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Southwest Airlines Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Southwest Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Start Earning Frequent Flyer Miles with Southwest Airlines? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 2 years ago
Updated 2 years ago
Viewed 1,667,956 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I didn’t get any points for my last few flights
My flight was delayed in Las Vegas over ** minutes....do you give a voucher for this?*F...
Canton being g outside food on an airplane or does it have to be purchased at the airlines
Paid twice for upgraded boarding on August ** - flights *** and **** out of Orlando. W...
Flight cancelled, now need to rebook
Paying Your Telecom Too Much?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Toll-Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers