If your flight is delayed, it can be a very troubling time. We have put together a guide in this article to help customers of Southwest Airlines in the event their flight has been delayed. This guide is an easy, step-by-step guide that will give you some vital information to make the situation a little bit better for you. Please follow along below so that we can assist you in rectifying the situation as much as we possibly can.
Southwest Airlines is an airline that is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. It is a major airline in the United States of America. It is also widely regarded as the biggest low-cost airline around the world. Herb Kelleher established Southwest Airlines in March of the year 1967. It currently flies over 4,000 every day during the peak travel season. Southwest Airlines also has more than 60,000 employees around the world.
Are you ready to begin with the guide? Very good. Let's get started now:
1) If your flight is delayed, we recommend first analyzing the situation in detail. What you should do next depends on your specific situation. Do you need to get home for a once-in-a-lifetime event like a wedding? If so, you may have to take extreme measures next. If things are not so urgent for you, you can proceed a bit differently.
2) Regardless of your situation, you will want to communicate with the staff at Southwest Airlines to find out when the flight will leave. If the flight is only delayed 20 minutes, you will likely just have to deal with the delay. If it is delayed several hours, over even until the next day, you will have to re-evaluate things a bit further.
3) If the flight is delayed several hours and you have to urgently get home, you may have to book another flight. You might be able to do that on Southwest Airlines, or you may have to do that on another airline. If you have to book a flight on another airline, you might want to speak to Southwest Airlines customer service to see if they can refund your flight because of the delay. If your flight has been severely delayed, this might become a possibility.
4) Another thing you can do is to check with the Southwest Airlines staff to see if they have a flight that is leaving soon and going to a city near your destination. Perhaps you can rent a car at the new destination city that will enable you to get to your final destination if it is urgent.
5) If you still need help with this, please click here to use our dedicated Southwest Airlines contact page to be put in touch with a human quickly and easily. We will help you get this straightened out.
After thousands of Southwest Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If My Southwest Airlines Flight Is Delayed? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Southwest Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Southwest Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If My Southwest Airlines Flight Is Delayed? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.