Spotify enables people to stream music and enables you to access podcasts and videos from any part of the world. For people who want to test how Spotify works, they can benefit from free Spotify services by signing up with an email address or a Facebook account. However, if you would like to enjoy all the more features and flexibility in Spotify, you can subscribe to Spotify premium.
To get Spotify premium, all you need to do is to sign up on the Spotify page and then choose the premium subscription level and then download the Spotify application and enjoy the music. Sometimes you may subscribe to Spotify premium by accidentally or someone else could have tampered with your account. If you are in such a situation, you can cancel the charges by following the guidelines that are given below.
How to Dispute a Charge With Spotify
When you get the wrong charge or get overcharged on Spotify, you can dispute the charge by following the steps given below. If you are unable to dispute a Spotify charge by yourself, you can contact Spotify customer support.
Here is what you should do when disputing a Spotify charge;
1. You should have an email address on your Spotify account
2. Have your Spotify account password
3. Log in to your Spotify account
4. Confirm the reason of the overcharge.
5. Check if you had purchased something and then forgot hence the overcharge.
6. Check whether someone else has bought something using your account.
7. Click on the "contact form" after scrolling down
8. Fill in the contact form appropriately
9. Spotify will send you an email that says "no-reply"
10. Reply to that email that you have been overcharged
11. When replying, include your username or email, reason, the amount of the charge and the date
12. Wait for a response from Spotify
13. If you want to cancel your subscription, open the Spotify website and sign in
14. Click on "subscription"
15. Click on "subscription and payment"
16. Click on "Cancel your subscription"
17. Give a reason why you want to cancel your subscription
18. Click on "cancel my subscription"
19. Re-enter your password
20. If all these do not work, contact Spotify for more help.
What Benefits does Spotify premium have?
While many people may want to use the free Spotify, many benefits come with Spotify premium. Spotify premium allows you to listen to music when you are offline and this is convenient when you are low on data or when you are in a place that does not have internet access. However, you will not be able to enjoy this feature when you cancel your Spotify premium subscription.
Another advantage of Spotify premium is that it bans all audio and banner advertisements and therefore there will be no distractions. Spotify premium also has a better audio quality of up to 320kbit/s and this is a feature that every person would love to enjoy. Spotify premium also allows you to skip what you do not have and your music will not be shuffled. If you are in the United States, you can enjoy ad-supported Hulu.
After thousands of Spotify customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Dispute a Charge with Spotify? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Spotify if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Spotify in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Dispute a Charge with Spotify? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.