Do you want to cancel your Spotify account? You can do it at any time. Whether you want to switch over to a different provider or you have decided to go back to CDs, your break-up with Spotify does not need to be difficult.
Cancelling Your Subscription
The process of cancelling your subscription is simple regardless of the device you are using.
1. Go to Spotify's homepage on your device
2. Click on the option 'Log in'
3. Enter your account information and log in.
4. Click on your username
5. Go to the drop-down menu and click on 'Account'
6. Click on the option 'Subscription' and then 'Cancel your subscription.'
7. Click on the reason you wish to leave and then 'Continue.'
8. Go to the option 'Cancel my subscription.'
9. Enter your password
10. Click on the option 'Cancel My Subscription.'
Once you have successfully cancelled your subscription, Spotify allows you to continue using your subscription for the remaining time. For a premium subscription, your account will be switched to a free account at the end of the subscription period. It is possible to reactivate your premium Spotify subscription after deactivation. All your settings and playlists will be saved on your premium account for three months. If you decide to reactivate your subscription, you can sign back up using the same information.
If the status of your subscription is Spotify Free, check to ensure that you do not have other active accounts under Premium.
If You Have Been Charged After Cancelling Your Subscription
You should not pay anything after cancelling your subscription. If you have to pay any amount, it may be due to one of the following reasons;
1. If you have another account that is still active under premium. If that is the case, you need to find and cancel its subscription
2. If you have cancelled your subscription close to your usual invoice date. Your next payment may have already been processed.
3. Your cancellation may not have been successful
4. If you took your subscription through companies other than Spotify.
Cancelling Subscriptions Made Through Other Companies
If you made your subscription through other companies such as your mobile or internet provider, Spotify cannot help you cancel your subscription. You must get help from the company that manages your subscriptions and companies. If you are not sure of the company that manages your subscription, follow the following steps;
Deleting Your Spotify Account
You can delete your Spotify account if you want to permanently get rid of it. The Spotify mobile app does not allow you to delete your account but you can use your computer to do it. If you have a Premium Subscription, you need to cancel it before deleting your account.
To delete your account, you must follow the following questions;
1. Open the Spotify customer service page in your computer's web browser. You will be directed to 'CONTACT SPOTIFY' page
2. If you are not logged in to your Spotify account, you will need to enter your email address and password. Log in before proceeding
3. Click 'Account'
4. Choose the option 'I want to close my account permanently.'
5. Click on the option 'Close Account.' It is on the lower left of the page
6. Review your account and ensure that you are closing the right account
7. Click 'Continue.'
8. Check on the box 'I understand and still want to close my account.'
9. Go to your email address and confirm that you want to close your account
10. Click on the option 'Close my Account.'
If you have trouble canceling your Spotify account, contact the customer support team for help.