Spotify is an amazing service that offers music to so many people around the world. If you are trying to join a family plan, but cannot, we are here to help you! A family plan allows you to join Spotify at a lower "group rate" as you will be sharing the account with family members. We have created a step-by-step guide below to help you to troubleshoot this situation. Our goal is that you will be able to join a Spotify family plan both quickly and easily after reading our guide below.
There may be technical reasons you cannot join a family plan. Additionally, you may not be able to join a family plan because you could not get your family members to agree to go in on a plan together with you.
Are you ready to begin with the guide? Excellent! Let's get started below:
1. If you cannot join a Spotify family plan, the first thing to do is identify why that is. Is it because of a technical issue? For example, are you having trouble signing up? If so, we will proceed with some suggestions on how to troubleshoot those issues in number two below.
2. One key reason why some users are not able to upgrade to a family plan is that they are trying to subscribe to the family plan from within their iPhone or iPad. This is due to restrictions put in place by Apple, according to Spotify.
3. If you are not able to subscribe to the Spotify family plan because you are using an Apple iPhone or Apple iPad, we have a solution for you! You can simply go to the Spotify website and register for a Spotify family plan there. You can also use an Android device, such as a phone or tablet.
4. If you are not able to secure a Spotify family plan because you cannot round up enough family members to go in on one with you, no worries. We will highlight now some ways that you can get potential discounts on a Spotify plan if you cannot join a family plan. To begin, you will want to Google "Spotify coupons". This will give you a tremendous amount of websites that offer coupon codes for a Spotify plan. Now, some of these coupon codes may not work. They may be, for example, expired. However, some of them may indeed work and enable you to get a discounted plan that might rival a Spotify family plan.
5. The next thing you can do to secure a discount on a Spotify plan in the event that you can't join in with family members to secure a Spotify family plan is to see if Spotify is offering a discount when you pay for an annual plan. This means that if you pay for a year up-front, as opposed to monthly, you could qualify for a significant discount that could rival the rate you would receive on a Spotify family plan.
6. If you still require assistance, please click here to visit our Spotify support page. We will put you in touch with a human who can help you.
After thousands of Spotify customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If I Can't Join a Spotify Family Plan? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Spotify if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Spotify in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If I Can't Join a Spotify Family Plan? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.