You can update account information by logging in to your Sprint account. However, you require to visit a Sprint store with some documents to update the billing name on your account.
How Do I Update Information in My Sprint Account?
Sprint Mobile allows you to make the necessary changes to your account either by contacting Sprint customer care or online on the Sprint website.
On your Sprint account, you can change or update the information regarding;
- Name or username
- Phone number
- Email address
- Billing addresses
How Do I Update My Name in My Sprint Account?
You have to consult an agent to make changes to your name on the Sprint account. Therefore, you need to locate and visit a Sprint Mobile store near you.
The agent requires you to provide several documents as proof of ownership. The original name and the new name must appear on the papers. These documents include;
- A marriage certificate
- A divorce decree for evidence of name change
- Legal documentation that supports the change of name
You can resolve minor spelling errors by presenting documents with the correct spelling of your name, such as ID, school ID, passport, or driver's license. Once your request is complete, you will receive an email confirming the name update.
However, you can easily change the caller ID or username on your account. Follow the procedure below;
- Log in to your Sprint account.
- From the dashboard, click on the icon labeled Manage Your Devices.
- A list of options appears, click on the Change Caller ID Name.
- Input the desired name.
- Click on Save at the bottom.
How Do I Update My Phone Number in My Sprint Account?
There a few restrictions and limitations regarding a phone number change on the Sprint account. These include;
- You cannot change to the desired number; Sprint assigns you a random phone number.
- There is a limit for changing the phone number in a month, a maximum of three times.
- It is not possible to transfer your phone number from another service provider on your own. You will need to contact Sprint customer care for this service.
- You cannot recover your old phone number once you change to the new number.
- You will lose all your saved voicemails on the old phone number since you have to create a new voice mail account for the unique number.
- You will have to set up the lists manually from your old phone.
Follow the following steps to update your phone number in your Sprint account;
- Log in to your account from the Sprint website.
- From the dashboard, click on Manage Devices.
- If you have multiple phone numbers on the account, select the number you wish by tapping on the blue question mark adjacent to the phone number.
- A list of options appears, click on the one labeled Change Your Phone Number.
- Sprint provides random phone numbers for you to choose from. Click on the number you are more comfortable with.
- Tap in the Next button.
- Save the changes.
How Do I Update My Email Address in My Sprint Account?
Follow the following steps to update your mail address on the Sprint account;
- Log in to your Sprint account from the website.
- On the menu icon, tap on the button labeled My Preferences.
- Scroll down the list and click on all About Me and tap on Email Notifications. You can edit the email listed under this option for notifications.
- Proceed to the Account & Usage Notifications option and enter the new email address.
- On the tab labeled Security & Usage Notifications, type in your new email address.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Save to complete the process.
How Do I Update My Billing Address in My Sprint Account?
- Log in to your Sprint account.
- Click on the Profile& Security option. Wait for a security code on your phone and fill it in the blank space to proceed.
- Go to Manage Addresses. There is a billing address and a service address.
- Tap on the edit box beside the current address for the address you wish to change.
- Fill in your new address.
- Click on the Confirm button at the bottom.
After thousands of Sprint customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Update Information in My Sprint Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Sprint if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Sprint in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Update Information in My Sprint Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.