Straight Talk offers data, talk and text no-contract plan's from the country's foremost 4G LTE cell service providers. They also sell cell phones with the aforementioned plans.
When you buy a new phone, you may want to continue enjoying the services from straight talk. Good news is that you can transfer your phone number and all included balances to a new SIM Card or phone and it is quite easy.
Moving your SIM card
You can transfer your Straight Talk services to a new phone by simply moving your SIM card. However, there are some requisite conditions including:
Transferring service from Straight Talk
If your new phone does not meet any of the conditions stated above, you cannot transfer Straight Talk services by moving SIM cards. Instead, you will have to transfer your service online through Straight Talk's website.
To transfer you services from Straight Talk's website, you will need to create an account if you do not already have one. As soon as you create an account at stratighttalk.com, your current phone will be listed as an 'Active Device.'
You will subsequently be able to transfer your number all the remaining service balances to your new phone. Though it is possible to create an account during the transfer process, it is advisable to do it beforehand for a smoother transition.
You can transfer your Straight Talk service to a new phone or SIM card or both. If you bought the phone from Straight Talk or from Wal-Mart then all you need will be in the box. If you bought the phone from elsewhere, you will need to buy a new SIM card and one that fits in your new phone. Moreover, the SIM card should be from the Straight Talk network you want to use and the network should be compatible with your new phone.
When transferring your Straight Talk service to a new phone or SIM card, the process can take varying amounts of time. For some people the transfer period is only five minutes while for others it can be as long as 48 hours.
The process to transfer your Straight Talk service to a new phone or SIM card is as follows:
1. Launch your web browser and open straighttalk.com
2. Select 'Activation' from the main menu
3. Below the tab 'Bring your own phone or devices,' click 'Activate'
4. You will be presented with a list of options. Click 'Select' below 'I have a SIM card'
5. Enter your SIM card number under in the aptly named empty field and click 'Continue'
6. Below 'Keep my number' click 'Select'
7. Enter your phone number below the box labeled 'Please enter the phone number you want to keep here' and click 'Continue'
8. The system will confirm that you are indeed a Straight Talk customer and then ask you for account details to log in. log in to your account
9. You will see a field labeled 'Information About Your New Device.' verify your SIM card number. Please be warned that the first five numbers might be missing but if the rest are correct, it will be okay.
10. Below 'Information About Your New Device,' you can type a nickname for your phone or SIM card if you prefer
11. Check the button to the left of your current phone below 'Information About Your New Device.'
12. Click 'Submit' when you are done and the transfer process will be complete.
If you run into any problem using the above process, you should contact Straight Talk customer care directly. You can obtain their contact information from GetHuman.
After thousands of Straight Talk customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Transfer My Sim Card on My Straight Talk Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Straight Talk if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Straight Talk in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Transfer My Sim Card on My Straight Talk Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.