How do I appeal a ban in Clash of Clans?
If you find yourself banned from Clash of Clans, you can appeal. Make sure to follow these steps to ensure you get your account back.
Why You Might Have Been Banned
Supercell doesn't very easily ban accounts. When it does, it is usually due to a pretty serious offence. Here are reasons why Supercell might have banned you:
- If you used third party software
- If you use xmod for automating clash of clans. Xmod automates the functions in Clash of Clans to make it a bit easier to play. This is something that the Clash of Clans does not tolerate. In the same line, you may also bee banned if you get gems from sources other than the game.
- You posted offensive messages about other players in your clan description
- You used the same account on two different devices. Clash of Clans goes ahead to warn you that your account has been used to log in to another device. If you ignore this message, your account might be banned.
- You have created a vulgar base design. If you arrange your walls and other buildings to make them look offensive, this might warrant a ban.
- You can also get banned if seven people report your account for anything they deem unfit or unnecessary. Reporting is very common when different clans go into war and find the offensive content in the description.
What to Do If You Get Banned?
If you didn't use third party software, here is what you can do:
- Write a ticket to ask for support from Clash of Clan's support page.
- When Support gets back to you, you will need to provide proof that you didn't use third party software. It will take some time for the team to go through the evidence you have presented and you should therefore not expect to get unbanned immediately.
- If you still don't get unbanned, you should write another ticket to Support.
The duration of your ban is dependent on the kind of offense you made. The ban could go from as short as 24 hours to as long as 31 days. You first need to figure out how long your ban is and if possible, why you got banned.
If you got banned because of abusive or offensive layout, make sure that you change whatever abusive content you had immediately you have access to your account.
You should note that should you repeat the same offense again, you will most likely be banned forever.
Can You Appeal Your Ban?
If you think you were banned unfairly, you can appeal your ban. However, this opportunity is limited to bans whose causes were not serious. If you have been banned, you will still have access to your message wall. Your appeal message should be posted on this wall. You should pos this appeal within 21 days from the date of the ban. Missing this time window could mean a permanent ban on your account. Here are the elements of a successful appeal:
- It must include the reason why you got banned. This does not refer to your thoughts on the matter but it should be based on the ban notification you received.
- Your appeal should contain a statement on why you want to get back on Clash of Clans
- You have to go through the Code of Conduct before Supercell considers your appeal.
- If the reason for your ban was due to breaking any rule or code of conduct, you need to give a brief description of the Code of Conduct in order for Supercell to trust that you have read and understood the guidelines.
You can also send an email to Supercell detailing your reasons for the appeal. The email should also meet the above requirements. You should remember that appealing the ban does not automatically mean that your account will be restored.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I appeal a ban in Clash of Clans?"?
After thousands of Supercell customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I appeal a ban in Clash of Clans? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Supercell if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Supercell Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Supercell in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I appeal a ban in Clash of Clans? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.