Why is my Clash of Clans not loading?
If you notice issues with your Clash of Clans not loading, here are some quick tips to follow to help get your game working again.
Clash of clans is an extensively tested mobile phone game available for both iOS and Android users. In most cases, this game runs smoothly without issues. However, at times, it fails to load, and it can be quite frustrating trying to figure out the problem.
The truth is that Supercell may be having problems managing such a large user base and ensuring that everything runs smoothly. Once in a while, their developer team is expected to take a maintenance break, which leads to such issues.
If you are a huge fan of Clash of Clans, it would feel like a century during such time. Read on to find out why your Clash of Clans isn't loading and how you can fix the issue.
What Are the Minimum Specifications Required to Run Clash of Clans?
Before we look at the potential causes of your game not loading, you need to make sure that you fulfill all the minimum specifications required to run Clash of Clans. The specifications are:
- If you are an Android user, make sure that your phone is running on Android version 4.0.3 or higher
- Clash of Clans will need a minimum of 0.5 GB of RAM, but it is good to ensure that you have at least 1GB to avoid hanging issues
- Your smartphone screen resolution must be set to a minimum of 800´480
- Ensure that you have at least 100MB of free internal storage
- Also, make sure that you have downloaded the official version of Clash of Clans
Why Is My Clash of Clans Not Loading?
If you are sure that you have fulfilled all the above specifications and your game is still not loading, then try to do the following things to see if it resolves the issue:
- Check your internet connection to verify whether it is working or not. You can do that by trying to search for something on Google or try to download an app from your App Store or Google Playstore. If your internet is the problem, try to restart your network if you are on mobile data or restart your modem and reconnect your smartphone to the wi-fi.
- If you check your internet and discover that it is working fine and yet your Clash of Clans isn't loading, try to restart your device. This step involves reconnecting your device to the network once it has completed the restarting process.
- If your game is still not loading, consider re-downloading the app again in your device.
Clear Cache and Data of the Game
In most cases, after a new update of any mobile app, there is often the loading problem. Therefore, if you recently updated your game and it starts to hang, consider clearing the old cache and data to see if it will fix the issue. To clear your cache and data of your Clash of Clans game, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android smartphone
- Click or tap on the Application Manager
- Swipe right to go to All tabs
- Scroll down until you reach the Clash of Clans tab and then click on it
- Once you are there, click or tap on Clear Cache button and then tap on the Clear Data button to complete the process
- Once you have cleared the cache and data of the old game, go back to your home screen and try to launch your game. If that was the problem, everything should be working fine.
Contact Supercell Support Team
If you try everything and your game isn't loading, then the last option is to contact the Supercell support team for further assistance. You can either send an email and wait for a reply or call them for immediate assistance.
Why Did GetHuman Write "Why is my Clash of Clans not loading?"?
After thousands of Supercell customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together Why is my Clash of Clans not loading? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Supercell if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Supercell Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Supercell in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our Why is my Clash of Clans not loading? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.