If you change your mind about an order that you placed on Target, you may cancel it on the app or the website. Your cancelation depends on the status of your order. Follow these steps to cancel your order with Target.
Canceling on the App
1. Open the mobile app and choose the order you wish to cancel from your purchases
2. Click 'Cancel items.' The option is only eligible for items that have not yet been processed for shipping
3. Select the items you want to cancel and then pick your reason for cancelation. Providing the details of your problem makes it possible for Target to improve your experience in the future.
4. Click 'Cancel items'
Canceling on the Website
1. In your account, click on the relevant order. The option allows you to view the details of your order
2. Find the items you want to cancel
3. Click 'request cancelation'
4. Choose your reason for cancelation and click 'Cancel item.'
After Placing Your Cancelation Request
Once you have placed your request, you will receive an email confirming the status. You won't have to pay for canceled items. However, your card may show a temporary authorization hold. Once your bank releases the hold, your funds will be available.
If it is too late to cancel your order, you can refuse it when it is delivered. After receiving your refused order Target will process it and send you an email confirmation about your refund. Alternatively, you may return your order to a Target store.
Changing Your Order Address
You can change the address of your Target order depending on its status. The address may be changed to a different one on your Target account.
1. Choose the order in your Target account to view its details
2. Click 'Request address change'
3. Choose an address that is already saved to your account. If you wish to ship to an address that isn't listed on your account, click 'Add a new address.'
4. Click 'Continue' and review the order details
5. Click 'Request address change'
6. You will receive an email with the status of your request
If Your Order Was Canceled
If the order you placed on Target was canceled, you will receive an email confirmation about it. It may be canceled for reasons such as:
i). The item has become unavailable
ii). They could not verify your shipping address
iii). Your payment method cannot be processed
If you do not pick up your items for Drive Up or order pickup on time, your order may be canceled. You will receive an email to notify you about it. It may also contain helpful information regarding replacing your order or updating your address and payment details.
Contacting the Support Team
There are a few options to contact the Target support team if you need help. The best way to contact them is on the phone. It is the fastest support option and the best way to speak directly with an agent. The chat option also gives you an opportunity to speak directly with an agent.
If you don't necessarily need to speak with an agent, you may contact them via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
The help forum is a great support option as well. It addresses common issues that customers may experience. Refer to it before contacting the support agents directly.
After thousands of Target customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Order with Target? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Target if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Target in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Order with Target? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers