Target is a popular big box store that sells everything from groceries and pet supplies to clothing and home decor. Target is filled with a myriad of potential gift items, but if you prefer to let your gift recipient choose a gift for themselves, you can purchase and send a gift card right from Target's website by using the following steps.
Go to Target's website and then use the following steps to buy and send someone a Target gift card.
1. Click the Categories tab at the top of Target's home page.
2. Scroll to the bottom portion of the list and select Gift Cards.
3. Choose Target Gift Cards from the list (there are also options to buy corporate gift cards, credit card gift cards such as a Visa gift card, and specialty gift cards (for offerings like AirBnB stays).
4. Choose a gift card design category from presented options (i.e. birthday, wedding, thank you, etc…).
5. After choosing the category, choose a specific gift card design from the listings.
6. Select a monetary amount from the options. These amounts range from $10 - $500. You can also choose the Custom Value option to assign your own amount to the gift card.
7. Choose your delivery method: email, mail, or mobile and then click the Add to Cart button.
8. Once you're ready to check out and complete your purchase, click on the cart icon at the top of your screen. Enter your login information. If you don't have one, click on the "create Target account" button and complete the steps before completing your transaction.
9. If you chose the "mail" delivery option, fill in the address of your gift card's recipient. Enter your payment information before checking out.
10. Confirm the information you supplied and hit the final checkout button.
If you prefer to send a digital gift card, remember to have selected the email option from the gift card item screen. Instead of a physical address, you will be prompted to supply an email address when checking out. Email gift cards will be sent in approximately four hours, but you will also have the option to schedule its delivery.
If you have any problems checking out or have questions about Target gift cards, you should contact Target support for assistance.
After thousands of Target customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Send Someone a Target Gift Card? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Target if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Target in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Send Someone a Target Gift Card? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Talk to Us Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies